PP2 WIP

Keegan

Active Hunter
Here's my first attempt at the PP2 helmet paintjob. Its a rather hurried job on a ebay MH I had left over from before TDH. More to come.

HPIM4243.jpg

HPIM4247.jpg

Nice job! Haven't seen one of these done for a while. Was considering doing a PP2 for a while there but ended up going ROTJ. Looking forward to seeing more progress

Cheers
KA

Great job there! Hey, I notice there's a "Biltmore garage" sign in that last pic. That wouldn't be the Biltmore just out of Asheville would it?

Thanks guys! More progress on this soon.

Great job there! Hey, I notice there's a "Biltmore garage" sign in that last pic. That wouldn't be the Biltmore just out of Asheville would it?

No. LOL I wondered if someone would ask me about that. It's actually a sign from Guys and Dolls, a high school musical I starred in. It lives here in my messy room at home (Im 21 and I live with my parents Ok? When I get to be 40 then I'll worry;))

very cool!

hey what's the clone on the background from? i have never seen that standee before.

That is a standee from Frito Lay that I won in a contest from K-Mart back when AOTC came out. I feel really bad that you havent seen it SEEKER because the whole time you were making your armor I was thinking, "I bet this is what he's using because it's a really helpful front on shot for referencing almost all the parts except the forearms.":facepalm I can take a better picture if you like.

Nice start! Is your green base Panzer Olive Green?

Yes it is. I altered the color a bit with some blue/grey color to try to get closer to the ROTJ/PP2 green. I am going to overspray the whole helmet with a grey later on to match what I precieve the PP2 had done to it.

Made a bit more progress. I added and refined some damage.

HPIM4305.jpg

HPIM4306.jpg

HPIM4309.jpg

And these are just for Seeker.

HPIM4266.jpg

HPIM4270.jpg

Buddy.jpg

Sorry about the bad image quality. Its really bad lighting in this room.

And thats my strike beard. LOL

Nah, its just an out of work/college beard.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree, great job man!! Not enough PP fetts around, and that is an interesting standee I'd never seen that one either, cant believe Turo didn't have that image already lol :lol: Keep those pics coming and that beard (y)

Updates!

I painted some more damage and added the kill stripes. I really dont have very good reference of the killstripe side of the helmet so there was alot of guess work there.

The ears are **** and I want to replace them soon. Also note that the borden was sanded off and will be replaced by a Marrow Sun part when I get to it.

The first picture I added a visor to in paint make it look better.

Internet.jpg

HPIM4343.jpg

HPIM4340.jpg

You can see some of the weathering I am doing in this picture. The dremel marks are a bit off but not enough to bother me.

HPIM4331.jpg

Here's one with flash to see the colors in different light.
HPIM4321.jpg

And last is the killstripe color

HPIM4344.jpg

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back