WONDERCON SIGN UP

just got accepted into the 501st!!!!!!! just in time for Wondercon

Welcome brother!!! Look forward to buying you a beer at WonderCon to celebrate. Since I only got accepted recently myself I looks forward to Pennywise buying me one :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
So, I wanted to see about arranging a TDH dinner. Over the next couple of weeks I will need an accurate count. I will keep the count in this thread (at the top). I will arrange dinner somewhere around the con for Saturday night at about 7pm. Unfortunately I will be out of town and not available until that Saturday. (PW - may need a little help here if that's cool). I will try to do Mexican, Italian or something to keep it within everyone's budget.

Okay, one more thing...

No promises here, but I do some video production in the Bay Area and have a green screen set up at my office. I may be able to break this down and get it to Wondercon on Sunday if anyone is interested in being photographed in costume. I will have to try to get some help to get the lights there and need to find a place to do the shots. Wish that Brak's was going to be there to help (I am not the greatest photographer in the world), but he is tied up.

Anyway, if there is some interest I will do what I can to help out and get some shots of folks. Greenscreen is not big enough for a group shot, but I can get two or maybe three in at a time I think. We can drop in some backgrounds afterward for you. I have a friend who won some awards for his pics, so I may be able to get him to help.

You know I'll be at the dinner Jon for sure and I'll be buying the beers too :cheers only thing is, I got to be back for the Masquerade at 8pm. you can also count on me for help to set up with whatever you decide to bring. I think the green screen is an awesome idea. I'll PM you with my cell number when we get a little closer to the WonderCon weekend.

Ah yes, the Masquerade! Well, how about if we do dinner at 6pm? Will that work for everyone? I will put it down for now unless I hear from a lot of folks that it will not work for them.

List updated.

Costume event with prizes. Costume needs to be almost entirely scratch built though, very few purchased parts - they are pretty picky about this usually. A Boba Fett costume might make it in (my son's did) but a TK suit probably would not. They almost never accept Vader they told me - unless the helmet is fully a scratch build.

Anyway, they have a judged show on Saturday night. It's about 50% costume and about 50% performance (what you do while in the costume).

Usually it gets booked up early, at least at SDCC. Not so sure about WonderCon and the participation.

TDH will be sponsoring an award for this at SDCC.

I will be at wondercon Sat. during the day but I have a 501st event to do for the Cub Scouts Birthday at 6:00pm and the theme is "Star Wars" so I unfortunatly won't be there for dinner. However I'd love to buy you guys a beer during the day if you would like.:)

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back