Heath Ledger Found Dead

Such a needless death.. Can't imagine the greif his family and the loss for his little girl, must be going through...Sad, very sad.... God rest his soul..:(:cry::)cry

Just read it from yahoo.com and thought it was a joke, i was so shocked and sad, he was so young... knew him from the patriot... RIP Heath

Ive just spoken to his family as soon as i found out this wasnt a joke, ive known them through a friend who went to school with him.

Ive passed along the thread information here so they may look at it when the grief isnt too near. They are really distraught atm and now have a lot to do but ive let them know that our heartfelt sympathies and regards go to them in this time.

For clarification, Heath hasnt been sleeping well the last month or two due to personal reasons, to which reason the tablets were there.. they dont believe that is was deliberate at all, and neither do i to clarify that.

On a side topic though, The Dark Knight looks to be realeased on schedule if they can help it, with a 'In Memory of/Dedicated to Heath Ledger" in the movie credits.

If you would, tell his family that there is a large group of costumers on BOTB that plan on going to the midnight showing in Joker makeup to honor his memory.

It's very upsetting.

He was a very entertaining person. And being such a young actor it was inspiring to see him only sign onto projects he liked, not just anything.

He'll be missed by most.

For the record because I noticed that a few people thought this was a joke thread. It isn't like me to joke about people dying.

Second, yeah. Heath was a great actor in movies. It is always a shame to see anyone die.

when one of my friends told me that they heard in a myspace bulletin, I thought it was just another badly researched rumor. but when I went to the New York Times website to check the facts I discovered it was real. I was completely speechless. I wasn't a big fan of his but "The Patriot" is one of my favorite movies and (as you can tell by my avatar) I love the way his portrayal of the joker looks. And he was in the process of filming another movie also. I don't think the pills were intentional but it's still very sad:(

I found this out about 4 hours ago.. Weird that when I decide to do the costume, the man who plays him dies.

Anyone else see something weird here? There is a guy who worked on the Crow that worked on The Dark Night. Brandon Lee died during filming, and now Heath dies (but not filming). Nothing too weird, just kinda interesting I thought.

But it is really sad, whenever I see someone famous die, that truly was talented, it is always saddening. RIP Heath

If you would, tell his family that there is a large group of costumers on BOTB that plan on going to the midnight showing in Joker makeup to honor his memory.

Ill pass it along during the next few days. Good luck with that all :)

Oh and please guys, no jokes in here either. Im sure Sal and Cathy will definately come on here sometime in the near future, but any more and ill have to dissuade them..

Cheers guys.. :)

I am very sorry to hear this news. Knights Tale has always been an inspiration for me as I have come from similar beginnings and have come at least a little ways. His acting in many of his films was exemplary. Even though I have no connection to him personally it sadens my heart to see someone who has changed my fundamental beliefs, die by accident. Heath You will be sorely missed.
Vode An

Shocked and saddend. I'd not seen his previous work, just his portrail of the Joker on the Dark Knight trailer. Awesome!! If this was the kind of talent Heath ledger had, then he will be sorely missed by the industry and especially his friends and family.
The good always seem to die young. :(

It's a shame that he's died, I hope it was quick and painless for him. I've enjoyed all of his movies to date and was looking forward to many more. My heart goes out to his family and friends, we'll all miss a good actor and a Hollywood star but they'll miss a loved one.

This makes me sick. When my wife called to tell me, I didn't want to believe it. Then, I thought it was some twisted joke put out on the internet.

I'm a HUGE fan of this guy. He had the potential of being one of our generation's future "Greats". Legendary actors all start somewhere. And as they say .... like a fine wine, we get better with age. He was an Academy Award nominee at 20 something. THAT is something you can hang your hat on.

When I found out it was for real, I actually got sick to my stomach a little. Gone is gone, but I really hope this was an accident, for his sake. And I hope that they don't trash him in the media if it was NOT an accident ...

As far as The Dark Knight is concerned ... at this point, there is no reason not to release the movie. WB didn't spend over 200 Million to shelf it. And, it would be in poor taste. Heath nailed his role, and if you're not a fan of his now, you probably would be after you see this movie. All the more reason to release it ... it was his last performance. What a way to go out IMO.

we'll all miss a good actor and a Hollywood star but they'll miss a loved one.

Wow. That's about as real as it gets. You said it OrtharRrith ! My deepest condolences go out to his family as well.

RIP

FP

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive just spoken to his family as soon as i found out this wasnt a joke, ive known them through a friend who went to school with him.

Ive passed along the thread information here so they may look at it when the grief isnt too near. They are really distraught atm and now have a lot to do but ive let them know that our heartfelt sympathies and regards go to them in this time.

For clarification, Heath hasnt been sleeping well the last month or two due to personal reasons, to which reason the tablets were there.. they dont believe that is was deliberate at all, and neither do i to clarify that.

On a side topic though, The Dark Knight looks to be realeased on schedule if they can help it, with a 'In Memory of/Dedicated to Heath Ledger" in the movie credits.

I agree. :( Horrible horrible accident.

I was pretty shocked for a while yesterday. I heard around 430 est. so it was about an hour after they found him :( It ticks me off all the people who think it was on purpose. No way. I’ve followed his career a bit since ROAR back on Fox years ago. He was an exceptional actor. I also wonder if it was not negligence from the doctors office… since there were more than one prescription if mixing them had something to do with it…

Doctors now a days will prescribe too much because they get kickbacks from pharmaceutical companies for writing more of their brand of drugs. Or if he went to two different doctors who didn’t know what he already had. Or even just being the dose didn’t work he took another one :( Just not realizing.

It bothered me up until early evening. I was so annoyed at one point I wished it was someone else, another specific actor relating somewhat to this board who is a jerk… :/

I think it bothered me since I followed him for most of his career, and enjoyed a good deal of his movies, with out having to really try to. It wasn’t so much as a crush or anything , just that I knew whatever he was in would be good just based on his acting skills. That and he’s around my age, so it hits home a little.

Its going to really be weird to watch Dark Knight now. I was looking forward to it so much… now its going to be bittersweet.

I love it when i see stuff like this posted within a day of a guy like this death:
Someone do the world a favor and get rid of that place. Honestly, why do they do this? how can someone be this insensitive towards another fellow being?

(dumbfounded)

EDIT: (Picture removed)

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back