JB project / FP V3 armor

good shot man...I will add that silver at the top!!:cheers:cheers

I took a screencap of the cod when Jeremy had the belts a little mixed up, you can see the upper damage.

Cod.gif

This ESB costume is going to be sick with accuracy!! I'm loving the updates and can hardly wait 'til you guys start to converge all the parts for final assembly. I only hope Jeremy realizes the gravity "his" costume will have, yet again ;)

Steve(y)

Perfect DM! (y) Now... THE YELLOW ;) And after you know [DarthVaderVoice]THE SHOULDERS AND KNEES MWAHAHAHAHA[/DarthVaderVoiceOff]

OK...here is a step by step process on setting up the knees

I will leave it up to FP to do a seperate thread as he is the expert on these knees

below is the process I used

Step 1

locate your resin pieces FP included in your kit and place them into the correct knee. I suggest maybe adding some tape to hold them in place while you do the work

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0003.jpg

Step 2

hold resin piece in place while you drill your hole....MAKE SURE YOU USE A BORING DRILL BIT...AND MAKE SURE YOU HOLD THE RESIN PIECE IN PLACE....YOU WANT TO DRILL RIGHT THROUGH THE ARMOR INTO THE RESIN PIECE SO EVERYTHING LINES UP!!!

DSC_0004-1.jpg

DSC_0005-2.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

Step 3

make sure darts fit in hole...also you may notice some clean up you can do to smooth any rough edges after you drill

just grab some sand paper and it will take care of any small issues from drilling the hole

DSC_0009-1.jpg

Step 4

use a Dremel and cut off the end the screw you are going to use

then drill a hole in your resin piece

after hole is drilled then JB weld the screw into place

DSC_0001-1.jpg

DSC_0002-2.jpg

Step 5

attach darts to screws and make sure everything fits together

DSC_0010.jpg

Step 6

remove darts PAINT your knees

Step 7

once knees are all painted up attach darts and then glue your resin piece into the knees to hold everything in place

and as you can see JB's knees are all set and ready to go!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back