JB project / FP V3 armor

Wow ! Jason, you're doing a most excellent job of this !!

That weathering is so beautiful ! It just looks, RIGHT !

FP

I finished up masking off the collar and cod piece today and got the GREEN on them!!

DSCF0003.jpg

You haven't finished painting this stuff yet?

GOSH!
gallery_Napoleon_Dynamite_1.jpg

Seriously, though...awesome work! We need toget together soon...I have a helmet that needs a bit of color...

And... in what pic you can see the dent on the backplate? (up-right), I saw a lot of pics but I can't find any pic with it :facepalm

Thanks and really good job. ;)

:lol:

No it certainly does not appear that way does it :lol:

In the grand scheme of things, with so little reference on the ESB Fett, something that obscure wasn't worth the extra expense for making a second mold that LARGE (backplate mold that is). The mold was designed off of the couple of very tiny pictures that we do have of the whole backplate, and it was PrePro / ROTJ SE).

I figured the "ESB Purist" could fill in if it really bugged them. Sorry I forgot all about that Jason ! But the saving grace is ... it is that obscure. It really is a very minor difference that isn't worth losing any sleep over now that it is painted (if you don't want to fill it this late in the game that is ;) )

Sill looking amazing Jason !

FP

Last edited by a moderator:
in the pic I was looking at the silver at the top near the collar.....if you noticed it appears to have a large silver area and so I added this to the armor

As far as the dent I did see that the pics dont have the dent but the FP armor did and I made the artistic decision to go ahead with it.

One thing to note is that Spideyfett is the guy that pretty much signs off on my work. We will look at this together and we may decide to remove that dent. Its a easy fix if we decide to do it.

I would venture to guess that even if you just decided not to paint that dent in and leave it green it would not be that noticeable anyway. Much easier than having to fill it in. ;)

OK...filling in the dent....:facepalm

I am going to get it green tomorrow.....man what I will do for Jeremy(y)(y)

:eek::eek:
Bummer... but going to be much better I think! I was going to do the same DM, but at least I haven't gone green yet?

JB's gonna love it... doing great stuff!

Uhm, Jason? You did remove the paint "IN" the dent first before filling, didn't you ? ;)

*Sigh* I just can't please everyone :facepalm

I think from this point forward, the backplate will be "Dentless" :lol: It's much cleaner looking to "add" a dent, rather than fill.

FP

*Sigh* I just can't please everyone :facepalm

FP

Hey come on FP... you know your work kicks butt, I think you can be forgiven for a little dent... ;)
Given the amount of people on this board with their own way of perceiving things... you'd be hard pushed to please 'everyone'

I personally think the back plate is fine the way it is...gives it Character..;)

As a matter of fact, with the help of a close friend of the project, we were able to get our hands on some production photos of Fett ESB shots that no one has ever seen before....:eek:.....These pictures will be released, just not sure when.??... But after reviewing the extra shots I can tell you two things....FettPrides armor is EXTREMLY close in size and shape and dents etc etc... it's unreal how close he came!!!(y)......
And heres the kicker, the little red shoulder stud that everyone sees in the hall way scene in ESB with Fett, Lando, and Vader, well in these new shots NO RED Shoulder Studs....Clear as day.....so I don't know what it is we are all seeing in that scene??...again I can post the shot in a few months once they have been released, "Hopefully" :p

Great Work so far DM, and AWESOME armor FP...:cheers

Cheers.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back