No looking back now (with Pics)

I have just received the last of my armor pieces from TheDentedOne. (y) Now there is no excuse for me to keep putting off my Jango. :lol: I had started making my own flightsuit using Green Pepper patterns, but that proved to be beyond my sewing skills :confused and has since been moved off of my list. One of my coworkers said he would ask his wife if she would be willing to take it on for me, he'll get back to me on Monday.
I am still looking for: vest, belt, ammo pouches, girthbelt, holsters and jet pack (holding out for Christians Jango Arena).
Parts I have:
Helmet - JD bought from Asok Unfortunately my fat head won't fit in it, my nose sticks out the front without the visor installed (any suggestions? :lol:)
Backplate - Cruzer bought from Cruzer
Gauntlets - MOW Jangos' bought from Christian replaced almost all switches and hose attachments with real ones, can't find the Atari switch for the left gauntlet (any help)
Left Gauntlet Missile - DarkSide bought from DarkSide Black plastic body with Brass and Aluminum Tip
Hoses - Bought from Princess Auto 10' $4.50 not dyed yet
Collar, Shoulder Bells, Chest, Ab plate, Thighs, and Foot Armor - JD bought from TheDentedOne
Cod and Shins - JD bought from JD
Knees - Asok bought from Asok on his last FG knee run I think
Boots - Well Shoes - Bed Stu's Bought from TDH member (can't remember who)
Misc. Aluminum bits - bought from (shudder) ebay. not bad, not great.
Blasters - work in progress by me, all aluminum

Obviously everything needs to be trimmed, sanded and a coat of paint put on, yes I said paint. I'll be taking these to work to get painted a colour we use all the time called Mill Finish Aluminum. It looks just like milled aluminum and our head painter tells me it's because of the aluminum powder in the paint. I've got to at least try it, saves alot of R&Bing.

Comments, criticisms, words of wisdom (give up while you still can) :lol: are appreciated.

DSC00042.JPG

DSC00045.JPG

DSC00044.JPG

DSC00046.JPG

DSC00049.JPG

DSC00048.JPG

DSC00043.JPG

DSC00050.JPG

DSC00051.JPG

I'm very interested how the painted aluminium powder color comes out.
I wish you good luck that it comes out nice. My finger still hurt from RnB.:lol:

On the left is a sample of "Mill Finish Aluminum Paint", on the right is a piece of extruded aluminum flat bar. For some reason it looks a lot closer in colour in person, although maybe a touch too gray.

DSC00063.JPG

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back