Accurate Flight Suit and Vest

HMPOTC33

Active Hunter
After being the "son" for so long, I have finally decided to start on recreating my "Dads" original costume. I was wondering if any of you would recommend who is making the "most accurate" flight suit and vest for Jango. I want to go with the correct color, patterns, etc., and "accuracy", not price, is the consideration.
Thanks For All the assistance,

Ron

I just ordered a Bobamaker Jango vest and Boba flightsuit and I anticipate great things!

You'll have to email him to confirm, but I do believe he makes Jango flightsuits. They're basically the same as Boba's, except without the pockets, 3 extra hem lines on the double sleeves, and with a Jango style collar. I know he can do the Jango collars because he's making that alteration on mine. He also said he can do a zipper closure in the front instead of the button closure you'll see on his website.(y)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Cruzer,
I didn't realize Daz was now doing Jango items. I have his Boba armor and love it. Now, who do you recommend for the armor?

I too was going to recommend bobamaker for jango stuff in general. I have been doing a great deal of research on it, talking to various people and comparing products, he really does have some awesome stuff. Last time i checked i didn't see any pictures of his jango flight suit up on his site (however he said he has it but hasnt updated his site), but he does have the chest and collar armor and flak vest up to look at. I think if you have his boba stuff thats enough to realize how awesome his jango stuff must be. Granted i've never seen his products in person (YET!) But armor wise I'm a fan of BKBT. Just my opinion. Good luck!

I actually bought a Bobamaker flightsuit and vest. I will post pics shortly.

TK-1191

I'm a big fan of BM's work.

I have one of his Jango flightsuits, IMO its a little too bright blue.
I'm sure this can be fixed with some dye.
The collar is great, no issues there.

Looking forward to seeing pics of a BM Jango vest.
Are they Leather of synthetic?

The vest is very nice, the leather smell still comes out of the closet. I am going to start mounting the armor to it in the next week or two.

The vest is very nice, the leather smell still comes out of the closet. I am going to start mounting the armor to it in the next week or two.
Hey tk-1191, thanks for the pics. Did the flightsuit and vest fit pretty good according to the measurements you gave Daz?

Fit like a glove, I didn't even have to think about altering it. I'm sure you will be pleased.

Thanks Cruzer,
I didn't realize Daz was now doing Jango items. I have his Boba armor and love it. Now, who do you recommend for the armor?
That's a tough call. We've got two very good/high quality makers who make awesome upper body Jango armor that was scaled from screen-cast parts: BKBT and BM. BM's upper body armor is sweet cold cast, while BKBT's is a strong gel-coat. However, BKBT also offers the codpiece, as well as thigh and boot armor; and is currently working on shin armor and knees. I've never owned BM armor, but a good friend of mine does and the cold cast finish is beautiful. I have owned BKBT and was completely satisfied with it...matter of fact, I just recent bought some more!:)

Oh, and there's some joker on here that makes a half-decent backplate if he'll ever finish his new mold!;)

My Boba armor is 100% BM and it is the best (IMHO). I'd like to get any contact info and a price list on BKBT, and I'd sure love to get one of your backplate Cruzer. A friend in my Garrison has one, and I'd love to have my JF feature one also. Ok, who do you recomemmend for the bucket?

My Boba armor is 100% BM and it is the best (IMHO). I'd like to get any contact info and a price list on BKBT, and I'd sure love to get one of your backplate Cruzer. A friend in my Garrison has one, and I'd love to have my JF feature one also. Ok, who do you recomemmend for the bucket?

BKBT makes some bad a$$ buckets, I'm getting one from him very soon. BobaMaker is currently making molds for his I think it will be cold cast.

Yep, SoulAssassin's right, BKBT; especially if you're tall and have a slightly larger head. He made both dented and undented versions of his Jango bucket sculpts. His member name is actually Bigkidbiggertoys. Great guy to deal with!!(y)(y)

Here's a thread comparing his awesome helmet with a FP screen cast helmet, and you can see how amazingly similar they are...almost identical:http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=12994

Here's another good link showing his dented version:http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=10769

Here's a pic borrowed from Seeker where he compared his FP helmet to his BKBT.

Can't say enough about BKBT's Jango buckets!!!(y)

alujango1.jpg

Quick question! I have a MS1 Boba helmet and it fits perfect. From what I understand the MS1 is one of the smallest helmets around. Do you think the BKBT bucket would be too big on me? Making me look goofy!

Quick question! I have a MS1 Boba helmet and it fits perfect. From what I understand the MS1 is one of the smallest helmets around. Do you think the BKBT bucket would be too big on me? Making me look goofy!
I'm not familiar with that helmet at all. You can try doing a search for comparison threads. Hopefully someone will chime in that knows. As for the BKBT, I'm a medium build 5'7" and it fit good, maybe a very slight tad on the large side, but only for picky eyes!

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back