Baby Fett project, v1

Rich D

Active Hunter
Okay, so this ventures into the realm of the off-topic, but not really. I had a bit of spare time this week, so I thought I'd have some fun:

Step 1
Find a baby. This was easy for me because my wife just had this one on January 1st, 2008. Hooray for us!

attachment.php

Step 2
Buy an inexpensive "onesie", as they are apparently called by people who buy such things. This one was cheap enough that I could ruin it if I wanted to. (note to self: wash and dry these first so that they've already shrunk before doing the transfer)

attachment.php

Step 3
Buy some heat transfer paper for an inkjet printer. I found this at one of those big office supply chain stores.

attachment.php

Step 4
Draw something resembling armor. In this case, I shaped the armor to hopefully look good on a baby. I have no idea at this point how much detail is going to come out. (There's a larger png attached to this post, for those who want take a closer look)

attachment.php

Step 5
Print out the pattern on the transfer paper, mirrored so that it's the right way when facing down on the fabric. The pictured paper was a test print, apparently my yellow toner was dry. The real thing turned out well.

attachment.php

Step 6
Cut out the transfers, and iron them on the fabric per the instructions.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Step 7
Wash and wear, applying Star Wars nerd stigma to your child, well before he has any say in the matter. The look on his face in the last pic says it all.

attachment.php

attachment.php

In retrospect, this might have looked better on a light blue outfit, but I was concerned that the yellow shoulder armor would look green. Fortunately, he'll outgrow this outfit in a week and I can try again.

:lol: :cheers

step1.jpg

step2.jpg

step3.jpg

step4.jpg

step5.jpg

step6.jpg

step7.jpg

step8.jpg

step9.jpg

babyfett-armor-mirrored.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Best wishes with the new one!! Always been a fan of your work, even your smaller "side" projects turn out FANTASTIC!!! Nice work man.

Congrats on your new baby Mando! Nice Boba onesies! Wow, you are actually going to live up to your name with all those poopie diaper changes!(y):lol:;)

Thanks, everybody. Next up, the SuperPooper project.
congrats on the little one dookie, but is the armour 501 worthy??
It's not fully canon, but he has a few more years to work on his upgrades before he's old enough to join. :)
That is sooo cool! If they made "onesies" in adult sizes I'd make one for myself! :lol:
Oh, they do make them, man, they do. But that's an entirely different costuming hobby. :lol:

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!
But there is one thing....The "onesie" needs more "weathering" but I am sure that will come in time :)
Besides I have a feeling that this "boba" will have sarlacc "goo" on it pretty soon ;)

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back