THE BEST FIND EVER?????

Bountyone

Active Hunter
Just thought I'd share this doozy with you guys. I was at work thumbing through a shop catalog (Lab Saftey) to buy some tools and I came across this beauty. Shop-Vac came out with a "backpack vaccum cleaner" a while ago. when I noticed that the harness might be a good candidate for my MOW JP, I emailed them and asked that I was interested in purchasing just the harness but noticed it wasn't listed in thier catalog accessories section, they told me " thank you for your inquiry and we would like to send you the harness at no charge" SHOP-VAC ROCKS MAN!! . it arrived Fed ex free shipping today. http://www.labsafety.com/search/shop+vac/52729/59360/?isredirect=true

AND HERE SHE IS..........................WHAT DO YOU THINK???????????

Picture 024.jpg

Picture 025.jpg

I put it on right out of the box so the backplate does sit a lot lower after a few adjustments.

Picture 026.jpg

this thing is super lightweight and soooooo comfortable, you can't even tell your wearing it. look how it naturally forms to your back.

Picture 027.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome find Ben! I wonder what Shop-vac will think when they get a whole boatload of inquiries wanting to just buy their harness minus the vac. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome find Ben! I wonder what Shop-vac will think when they get a whole boatload of inquiries wanting ti just but their harness minus the vac. :lol:
yeah, I thought about that too. what do I care if you guys try it, I got mine already. I will find the packing slip at work tomorrow and list the part number if you guys are interested.I'm not sure if you can go to Shop-Vac.com and find it because they don't sell the Harness by itself.

I just found the address if you want to inquire it guys...

Shop-vac Corporation
660 Fairfield road
Montoursville, PA 17754
570-326-0520

That is a great find but I have a question but I know you have already thought this.
Isn't the harness straps and belt going to be bulky under your armor?Unless I am sure you plan on doing some customizing to make it work under you armor.But hey for a freebie what a find.
Congrats and I can not wait to see how you use this piece.

ok, i guess i'm just not quite seeing it. how do you plan to attach the jp to this through the back plate and vest?

well, I ordered a Bobamaker harness from Daz last week and will use his for the mean time. I think your right in modifing the straps as they will no doubt stick out like a sore thumb but not bad for free huh?????????

That actually looks like a pretty good find for a harness. The height of it may be a little bit much, though. Please post some pictures showing how you rigged the :jet pack to it if you end up using this as your harness.

NOt bad, not bad!!! Let us know how comfortable it is after wearing your pack on it for a while. I used to be all about accuracy, but the harness is one thing I've learned to overlook for the sake of comfort. Nice find.
D

NOt bad, not bad!!! Let us know how comfortable it is after wearing your pack on it for a while. I used to be all about accuracy, but the harness is one thing I've learned to overlook for the sake of comfort. Nice find.
D
it is super comfortable Damian!! and like you buddy, I'll take comfort over accuracy any day.

That actually looks like a pretty good find for a harness. The height of it may be a little bit much, though. Please post some pictures showing how you rigged the :jet pack to it if you end up using this as your harness.
I took it right out of the box and slapped it on Scott so as for the height, the plate can be moved down another 6-8 inches. I will post some pics soon with my JP attached to it.

It looks to me like you could cut off the first set of slots off the top of the back and reroute the straps into the second set of slots, which would remove a couple of inches from the overall height.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back