My Loanstar flightsuit and vest (pic intense)

ItsThatGuy

Well-Known Hunter
I know some people might think that calling someone out is in poor form. However, I tried to work this out in PM first.

Well after two months my flight suit and vest arrived. I need everyone's opinion on my flightsuit and vest. I think the flight suit is way too big in the arm area and the chest area. The collar is also too tall (compared to Jango reference pics). I did wash it in hot water (per loanstar's instructions) the legs are now a little shorter than seen below, but over all still too big in the arm/chest section. Loanstar said I should take it to a seamtress for any alterations.... :facepalm

Where does everyone else put their hoses? Loanstar suggest I cut a hole in the sleeve for the hoses.
a707aa70.jpg

c0d6d2ce.jpg

ede51861.jpg

90f3b4ee.jpg

3e6a3a5a.jpg

The vest is huge on my chest and bunches up in the back when I put my belt and holsters on. I will have to take more pictures of that later.

The color of the flight suit is a really dark blue. I have some pictures of it compared to Cruzer's fabric and foxbatkillr's fabric. Loanstar said the color will fade with a few washes in very hot water, even though he told me previously that it was the same color as Cruzer's fabric.

Foxbatkllr fabric on the left - Cruzer's on the right. Both swatches are sitting on the flight suit from loanstar.
bea3bfe3.jpg

Maybe I am the first person to complain, but am I expecting too much? I paid a good amount of $$ for this and expect to be somewhat satisfied.

that does all look a bit large. talk to JDFett about it, since he just got his suit a while ago and had some issues too. as i mentioned to him when we were at his house recently, the fabric color really doesn't look right.

Best of luck resolving your situation. That color looks off and it certainly is a little big in places. Maybe yours and someone else's got mixed up? Maybe you could wash the suit a lot or dye it some? Sorry I don't have a real suggestion on what to do, never been in the situation before. Good luck and I hope you get it fixed quickly.

-Matt

Well I will say that doesn't really look like the same fabric mine is made of. Mine is much darker. Are your pics taken with the flash on? My collar is not that tall either. I've had mine for about six months so that may have somthing to do with it I don't know.

The last three pictures that I posted (the one from my knees up, the close up of the collar and the fabric picture) are all taken with the flash off - all the others have the flash on.

I'm glad I'm not the only one to think that it's too big. I thought I was losing my mind. Thanks for every one's input - all input is welcomed - so please speak up! :)

yeah i feel like jangos flight suit is more form fitting. not tight, but definitely not baggy. kind of like bobas.

but as far as the collar goes, i'd say thats the least of your worries since it will be concealed under the helmet mostly.

Hey ... just a question about it: it's a little bit off-topic, but I just noticed that the suit seems to be a little thick (especially the collar.) Is it? If so, does it get hot (temperature-wise) while wearing it?

The collar seams padded a little, I guess to make it stiff. The whole suit is a single layer of cotton. It's not really hot, but I only wore it for a few mintures - plus I'm used to TK armor which can get really hot.

Yeah, they both look a tad too big, especially the flightsuit. I had the same problem with my vest and I really hate when I drop a lot of cash and end up with something I'm not happy with. It happened again just this week with an BW Republic Commando helmet I received.

My first question would be did you send Loanstar accurate measurements, but I'm sure you did. I know that if at any time a customer of my goods wasn't happy, I'd offer a full refund upon return of the item and seriously consider where I needed to make improvements to make sure it never happened again. If Loanstar isn't able to work with you on getting it to fit better, then it sounds like your only alternative is to take it to a local tailor and shell out some more $$ to have it fixed.

I can't see Loanstar deliberately not trying to provide excellent customer service, not to mention he's got mad sewing skills...so I wonder what went wrong with your order?

Sorry to hear this has happened to you bro!:(
Hope you guys can work it out.

Just came across and found this thread:facepalm

You know I always try to give people that deal with me only the best service I can offer.
But that means that the other side is open for some proposals.

I don´t know why Itsthatguy put this in the public but maybe that's how he handle things. Very loud and ugly.

I was in contact with him via pm and he has not answered my last pm.
So I see this here.
Very nice(y)

There are some things you should know, now that this is in the public.

Itsthatguy ordered his parts 2 month ago, that's right.
He forgot to tell you that the shipping of the flight suits took about 4 weeks because the us custom had this package for about 3 weeks.

That means a producing time from 3-4 weeks.
Ask some other seamstress from this board how fast they are.

Itsthatguy gave me his measurements and he told me that he lost 25 pounds in 7 weeks.
Maybe he lost some more the last days, I don't know.

I wrote him via PM (what is a very good communication tool) that there are some things he should try first.

Wash the flight suit very hot (194 Fahrenheit).
This will light up the flight suit and shrink it.
After that try the flight suit again if it still is to big (what I don't think) do the same procedure again.
VERY IMPORTANT: I also told him about the little nice elastic band what I have attached to the waist area of the flight suit.
There you can adjust the waist size of the flight suit.

Have he washed it 2 times, I'm sure not!
Has he atjust the elastic band. Not at this photos!

After that I wrote him:
If you think the flight suit is still to big after the procedure just bring it to an seamstress and they can shortening it for you.
That cost round about 20$US (I would have give him a refund for that money, no big deal)

I told him that I would make him a free neckseal for that costs and send it free to him but he never gave me an answer instead he started this backbiting thread.

If he would have said, no, I like you to make the changes,

Here is what my suggestion would have been via pm.
Send the vest and the flight suit back to me and I will shortening it for you for free. And I also will light it up.

Members that had business with me, know that I´m a absolute fair guy and that you always can talk to me.
But that means that you have to contact me face to face (via pm) and not starting a defamation.

So Itsthatguy, pls listen now!!!
Send me your parts back and I will make the changes you are asking for and next time if you have any questions or problems, try to work something out via pm and not by starting a thread like this.

Threads like this very often get very ugly and end by 2 parties that battle each other with bad words.

There are always 2 sides on a coin. So please people don't start picking on any of it.

I have said things here that I normaly would not have said in a pm.
But seeing a thread like this (if its about me or someone else) always makes me sick.

Thx

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
Sad to see these kind of things in public... I always thought that things like this should be deal in private with the maker... and after try to make an agreement (and not found), claim whatever in public... but I think the first and second step it to talk it in private... :(.

I personally know Mike, I've talked to him lots of times,
I'm also one of his customers, and I must admit that he is one of the greatest guy I've ever dealed with... I've never found a problem talking to him, and I can say is a great guy to talk and deal with... (that is why I dont undertand why this has happened :$).

I hope you have find a solution to this.

I will have to agree with Ben and Loanstar about deffinitly doing all you can via PM first. I hope it works out for ya. Sounds like Loanstar will do all he can to fix your problem :) .

Please understand, I did try to work this out over PM first. We had a few PM's back and forth. Everytime I told Loanstar that it was too big, he then told me that it looked good on me and he didn't see what I was talking about. He never once offered any services. He said "you have to bring it to a seamstress and let them shortening it for you.Other members also have this done to theirs and this will cost you round about 20 $Us.No big deal."

No big deal!? I just dropped over $500 on this stuff!

He never offered to pay for me to take it to a seamstress either. He never offered anything other than a free neckseal ... "To make you feel better, I could send you a free neckseal."

I adjusted the elastic in the back (that helped it fit better in the waist only) I also did wash it in almost boiling water (I actually boiled water and poured it in the washing machine to make the water even hotter). I dried it on the highest setting. There is no way it is going to shrink the arms about 5 inches in length. And certainly the color didn't fade. When I was told the color was the same as Cruzer's - then I thought that meant just that - not that I would have to wash it numerous times and sunbathe it first...

The reason for making this public was mainly to see if it really was too big on me.

Loanstar I will continue to discuss this over PM.

I would do as he suggested bro, take it to a seamstress let them make the correct alterations and send him the bill. it's that simple. nobody like to see a good deal go bad and I'm sure you guys will work it out. I've had many things custom made that involves measurments and I think we can all agree that no matter what, it's never going to be a perfect fit.

i will say i have both the vest and the suit and neckseal...the neckseal looks more accurate in color...about 3 shades lighter than the suit. I'm not entirely dissatisfied with the products, but the service was shaky at times. Loanstar did make up things for me in the long run so i really don't have anything to say bad about his stuff or service.

the onyl problem i saw was glued on shoulders on the vest...I plan on running a stitch on them to make sure they dont fall off. as far as the flight suit...tony, maybe if you start out with a small bleach sloution in the water then add the suit, let it sit for an hour or so and then wash normal...thats what i plan to do once i get brave enough to try it. I was thinking maybe 1 cup of bleach to a full over size load of hot water...then adding the suit and let it presoak for an hour...anyone else have experience with this option? is that too much bleach or to little to get any effect?

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back