I Just came to a Great Epiphany...

tubachris85x

Well-Known Hunter
I have yet to go one day without at least ONE random star wars reference of some kind..Therefore, Ive come to the realization that no matter how hard I try not to think about SW, there will ALWAYS be at least one thing that will bring it up, so I can say that IMHO, star wars is EVERYWHERE.

Like last night, I was working, and in the kitchen, out of no where, the radio was playing the star wars disco theme. In my english class, our topic discussion was about MC Chris's "Fett's Vett." At my ROTC lab, cadets randomly started making chewbacca growls......

Anyone feel the same?

Oh absolutely. It's not just references you see or hear on TV and radio, it's just little things that I notice.
Whenever my wife and I go out somewhere and we get out of the car, she always says "lock the door." Of course my reply is, "and hope they don't have blasters!"

Which makes her roll her eyes at me. :lol:

I am married into the SW family and I have surrendered. Star Wars has taken over every part of my life, to the point where it becomes part of my speech pattern. I may not say everything that I think, depending on the environment, but it is there, nonetheless. And I do hear SW references EVERYWHERE everyday. Star Wars IS a household word/influence.

I just had this conversation with my wife last night !!! :lol:

It is such a big part of pop culture now, that there is s reference to it everywhere you turn, practically DAILY !!! The news, sitcoms, just everywhere ! And I find myself to this day, throwing out silly quotes from Yoda when I see an opening. Good grief. We're hopeless :lol:

But hey, embrace it ! It's here to stay, till the bitter end !

FP

Yes I know and feel the same way Tuba.
In our Boy Scout Troop,I am one of the Assistant Scoutmasters, a few of the Scouts always remind the other ones "There is no trying,only doing"..It always puts a smile to hear a 11 year old scout say that to motivate another to challenge themselves for example going repelling for the first time.

To try help answer Tubas question I think us,who are SW geeks,have over hieghted our senses to pay attention to any SW enfluences.You might say The Force is strong with us :)
And my wife loves to throw the "I know" back and forth between us along with other sayings from the movies

Whenever my wife and I go out somewhere and we get out of the car, she always says "lock the door." Of course my reply is, "and hope they don't have blasters!"

Which makes her roll her eyes at me. :lol:

:lol: That's awesome. Now I'll probably try doing that.

I went through a phase where I'd say "It's a trap!!!" 10 times a day. :p

Also, whenever I'm asked where I'm going, it's "To Toshi Station, for some power converters..."

On a very nice night, my girlfriend told me how the moon looked pretty, I didn't say anything.... yet!

''That's not a moon, that's a battle station!!'' I said, then ran off...

She caught the reference, smiled but didn't laugh... Ok, so I ruined the moment but I had fun!

--------------------

Oh and the ''I love you'' / ''I know'' routine is awesome!! :lol:

I really like the ''lock the doors'' / ''and hope they don't have blasters''. I'll have to use that one!

Well, when I am hanging with Garrison members outside of events...I always...ALWAYS end up saying something about, "I have a bad feeling about this." I do that all the time and they ask me...about what? They catch the reference but question why I say it. I just figure I say it to make some paranoia about situations lol.

I guess I lucked out when it comes to women. I have to be on the top of my game to beat my girlfriend to a Star Wars reference. :lol:

me and my brother do han solo quotes all the time. you can't be HF's sarcasm throughout the trilogy. the esb dialogue clearly being the best. although "where did you dig up that old fossil" ~~~ "yeah, great at getting us into trouble" is the best line from ANH.

my girlfriend always does "it's a trap!" and chewbacca growls.

"and how you doin chewbacca? you stil hanging out with this loser?"

haha

me and my brother do han solo quotes all the time.

That reminds me, our Local Leia, when we hang out I tend to start bringing up quotes from Han. Because I had made a Han costume, and the one time we started doing the quotes from the movie...we got into character perfect, we managed to say the lines with the same arguing ways.

I went through a phase where I'd say "It's a trap!!!" 10 times a day. :p

I'm in such a phase right now! ^^ Some of my classmates have mentioned wanting to kill me when I hit them on the head and yell "It's A TRAP" then continue on to run away screaming something about the deathstar just when they try to eat or something

*mumbles in Emperor voice* something something dark side, something something complete !!

That makes my friend laugh so hard... we are such geeks!! :lol:

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back