Skjoldhammars Armour Progress

Haerverk

Active Hunter
Well, since nobody really read my other thread, I decided to start a new one, this time with the correct thread title. If you want to read the start of this the link to the other thread is http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=23438

Today i did finish up my second chestplate (the first one i tried i bent the wrong way) Now all I need on my hard armour is the codpiece (wip), the back plate ( im having a hard time finding a sheet of metal big enough) and the knees.

Im currently sewing the vest, and sculpting my gauntlets (no pictures, sorry :cry) Im also sowing some gloves.

And no I havent decided between ESB or ROTJ yet... Any advice on that?

Well on with the first pics of many to come :cheers

_MG_2743.jpg

All my current armour pieces xept the diamond thing

_MG_2735.jpg

The diamond

_MG_2576.jpg

My gloves (They are much more of a light grey tone irl)

Hey, looking good! I'm trying my hardest to decide whether or not to go with sheet metal. I've got a big road sign in my garage just waiting for something to be done with it. :p
As for your backplate and not finding a big enough piece, I don't know if you have any welding experience, but have you thought about making the middle bulk out of one piece and then welding separate pieces on to make the angled curvature? Just a thought. . .

As for your backplate and not finding a big enough piece, I don't know if you have any welding experience, but have you thought about making the middle bulk out of one piece and then welding separate pieces on to make the angled curvature? Just a thought. . .

I've had some welding lessons, but i have no access to a welder.

As for sheet metal, you could atleast make some of the easier parts of it, since it really feels good to hold a metal part in your hand, and not just some plastic :D (might be a bit heavier though)

Last edited by a moderator:
So I'd imagine. And a no-access to plastic of any sorts really gives a helping hand in deciding what to make the armour our of ^^

Just a small updatem no pictures.

I cant seem to figure out how to make the cod piece. The raised part on the front is impossible to hammer out of metal.

Even though this isnt the biggest thread around, i'll just keep on updating it, hoping for the best.

Just wanted to post some pics of one of the gauntlets so far, still needs some tweaking and finishing.

CIMG0008.jpg

CIMG0009.jpg

Eh, dont mind the wrong raised part almost at the back, its fixed now.

Hah! So many posts in a row! :lol:

I finished up my neckseal today, no pictures :(

I also finished of my vest, and put velcro on it, and halfway on the armour. So i just wanted to show you guys (I hope somebody reads this) what it looks like atm.

Oh, and I fiberglassed my gauntlets on friday. No pictures of that either -_^

And, I managed to find a sheet of metal large enough to make the backplate.

Havent got anything painted yet, and I'm running out of time on my school project, atleast a part of it. So I'm working for hours every day just to finish atleast some of the costume up in about 2 weeks time :rolleyes

My current items are: The front plates, the cod and backbelt, gloves, some crappy flightsuit, halfway finished girthbelt, neckseal, vest

This isnt to bad for a 3-4 weeks working time now is it?

Upload Chest.jpg

Bro this is some awesome work... I can't believe that this is sheet metal? I have some experience as a mechanical engineer (by trade) and would never contemplate this!

Hats off to ya! ...seriously! (y)

The gauntlets are looking pretty good so far? need to shoot some pics of the casts... glad you fixed that rear section too on the right gaunt! :lol:

Well done and keep it up... ;)

Blablabla ONE more update in a row.

My fiberglass gauntlet failed me, the mold broke midway. So now I'm standing here really wondering what to do. Im seriously considering buying myself a pair of gauntlets. But with my funds running low, I dont really know about that either.

That metal armour is looking the BIZ. Excellent work. Don't get too disheartend about the gauntlet mold breaking up, you've just gotta regroup and try it again.
Keep the updates coming :)

Hmm... Sorry for no updates in a while guys.
I was sick for two weeks, and then I went on a holiday to the Houston, TX.

No atm, but I got my helmet from firstsonofsolo and I've started painting my armour. I'm running out of time on this project, so my painting fails me. It does not help that Norway has the lames selection of paintstores, so I'm not able to get any good paints since I use spraypaints.

I'll be back with some pics of the helmet and the painted pieces in like... no time at all i hope

I'm in a state thinking all my stuff sucks right now.
I've coloured my flightsuit, that turned out the wrong colour. I painted my plates (see pick) that also turned out wrong. The two things that are right atm is my belt (pic) and my shoulders (also pic)

IMG_3046.jpg

As you might see, the colour is all wrong. It was right on the colourchart, but not irl -.-

IMG_3045.jpg

I acctualy liked this colour a lot :D

IMG_3043.jpg

I sew this from modified BN templates. Added some stuff and removed other stuff from the template

Yay ANOTHER UPDATE! I'm so productive!

Allright I added scratches n stuff to the plates. I'm not going for über screenlikeness so I mostly did them by randomly selecting places to to them. I did do the dents though. The point is you see what it is right? ;)
DSC00151.jpg

Also, heres a picture of my current backplate. This isnt even primed yet -_^ Oh and it was bent only by hand, no tools of any kind
DSC00149.jpg

Sorry for bad pics. It was taken with my mobile.

Oh! And the flightsuit didnt turn out all that bad after a couple of washes.

AND! I'm doing the ESB. The helmet is nicer xD

Yeah my helmet is to big! I'm getting another helmet sometime in the future, but you know... Big helmet is better than no helmet ait?
IMG_4566.jpg

IMG_4567.jpg

YES I know the gloves arent the right colour. And I only have one velcro strap on the back of the plates, so they only just hang on. Lots of tweaking to do... but I had to show it of at school today for this photoshoot thing we did

And the visor isnt installed in these pics, I slapped some black plastic inside the helmet. It was instaled later on today
Blahblahblah, shoulders also put on

Looking good, your progress is coming along nicely! I would suggest using a matte sealer for the paint on your armor to dull down the shine. Even though your armor is metal, the shiny paint can take away some of the realism. Really good work though, I 'm a fan of metal armor. (y)

Yeah, I thought of that... but my previous experiences with matte sealers did turn out quite bad. They turned blobby and ubershiny for some reason.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back