Can the MR Fett Blaster be converted?

TK2177

Active Hunter
I know the ROTJ Fetts will cringe at this, but I am wondering if any one knows how much of a project it would be, or even if possible, to tear down a Master Replicas full scale Fett blaster to convert it to ESB.
I like my resin cast version, but the flimsy handle and extra care it takes to not break it is growing old. My "D" stock bracket wobbles, and has broken twice now.
I'm thinking the sturdiness of a MR would correct this, and the odds of finding a real Webley are slim, and if found, way to expensive.

Thoughts? Input? If ya think I'm nuts, tell me to forget it.:D

Thoughts? Input? If ya think I'm nuts, tell me to forget it.:D

you're nuts, forget it :)

seriously... you are ;)

the rotj gun has a totally different barrel. i can't imagine that you'd be able to convert it.

this is what i had to do to my bronze webley to make it rotj:

IMG_0781.jpg

i'd guess the mr is either all 1 piece, or a couple of parts fitted together similar to mine (but neater!). so you'd have to build a whole new barrel for it.

No way! I'm no ROTJ expert but that is way too much work?
Why not find someone that sells 'Ali' D stock brackets... there was a thread here a while ago? ;)

Fool yo nuts :lol: Seriously why spend that much $ on an MR just to rip it apart, if you were talking about a simple re-paint then sure but I think in the long run you'll cause yourself a whole heap of stress trying to convert it, I wish you luck in your search though (y)

You should try to get a hyperfirm ESB blaster. My hyperfirm blaster is the prize of my Fett collection. Nearly indestructible. I wonder if slavefive has any, or maybe you could post a thread in the Cargo Hold.

I don't think it's possible, I believe it was machined into one piece and not into removable parts. You could get an aluminum stock bracket however. TD-4242 of the Dune Sea Garrison makes them.

You should try to get a hyperfirm ESB blaster. My hyperfirm blaster is the prize of my Fett collection. Nearly indestructible. I wonder if slavefive has any, or maybe you could post a thread in the Cargo Hold.

I agree that you would be better off in the long run if you can obtain a hyperfim. I also like mine very very much.
D

the hyperfirms do in fact rock tha house :)

before my metal obsession reared its ugly head, my hyperfirm blaster was one of the prized parts of my collection too!

I think the MR might be hollow with a weighted rod inside it. I'm debating trying to tear it apart right now to find out. I really don't think that its solid metal. I've taken the FX sabers apart before and MR stuff is pretty chincy. I know the description says die cast, but it also says aluminum. I'm thinking it might a milled aluminum tube with a steel rod inside it. So nobody has ever done it before? I really don't wanna be the first... lol...

Well, I tried to turn the main screws and they seem to be red thread locked. I'm not gonna push the issue and end up messing up the blaster. :(

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back