Mojo's Albino project

Couple more... :p

Rear Right.JPG

Rear.JPG

Rear left.JPG

Well when its used on Jango helmets the surface has to be super smooth to get a nice shine but it could be used for a more realistic distressed metal look by getting your ears smooth and then using wire wool to gently create scratches to emulate machined effects, you apply the r'n'b then leave it for a few minutes and then buff the heck out of it with a cloth or something, I think it could look pretty good (y)

Nice work Gavin! Can't wait to see that finished. Are you going to buff the finish with T-cut or something similar?
Maybe i should try one of these...( off to the shed he goes )

Me too... if only to give my arms a rest! :lol:

I'm open to suggestions guys... would T-cut or similar product do the job? and I was thinking auto clear lacquer to finish?

Mt mate works in a Helicopter repair place and can get me some wicked buffing compound that they use on the screens? could do the job... ;)

Maybe you should... off to a good start too I imagine? ;)8)

After your final coat of paint, and your final wet sand, leave the paint to harden for a week, then give it a going over with t-cut and it will then be shinier, than a very shiny thing.

looking good Gav mate, looking really good, wanna do mine next:lol:

Ok..
I went to the store (Halfords) and bought my self some white T-cut and started to polish the @#~! out of this thing...

It's only a small update as under closer inspection I found a couple of 'small' areas that I wasn't happy with... :lol:

But it's looking ok so far, what do ya think?
(sorry about pics)

S6300289 - b.JPG

S6300293 - b.jpg

S6300299 - c.jpg

that's looking great. i was checking out the photos of the white fett in the insider this issue, and thinking how cool it would be to see one out at a trooping event!

Cheers bud, Altho the title is misleading in that it should read Albino helmet project?
The full-on Albino would be cool tho as here in UK (KOTE) does not have one either?

A great way to get a deep shine is lots of thin layers of paint with plenty of wet and dry sandpaper between coats, use the paper wet. I did something similar a while back and I think it ended up with around 8-10 coats.

Nice work.

DAZ

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back