Mojo's Albino project

Cheers bro... means allot!
More to come, been working on my V3 today.. ;)
Also found (advised) on a great white paint for the final coats!

What paint are you going with Gav? With all the trooper helmets Ive painted over the years I've found that Halford's appliance gloss white is a great option, really excited to see this project underway love the white pre pro fett (y)

Joe... way a head of ya on the paint front bud... ;)
Saw it last weekend and have also been advised by another member.
Thanks for the heads up!
Gonna get some more colour down this weekend...

:lol:lol:
waited for this to happen...

Well I have the correct white paint today and have wet sanded a final time...
So, just gotta tear myself away from the V3 Armour and get a good layer down and wet sand again?
Also sanded the removable ear pieces to nice 'crisp' edges and will paint and wire brush for *semi metallic* feel...

Will that do ya? (Pics to follow)

Perhaps lightly wire brush before painting then you'll get the effect in the actual resin instead of in the paint finish, that make sense? Look forward to seeing more mate, just pulling ya leg :cheers

And the 'Reds' take it... soz Ben couldn't resist?

Anyhoo... small update on this, I put down the dremel and the airbrush from the V3 Armour to apply my first coat of appliance paint to the Albino project.
I had a couple of small runs at the front section? :(
But it's only my first coat... back to the wet sanding process to get that really nice sheen to it!

Heres some pics... ;) excuse the quality of the pictures...

S6300195 post.JPG

S6300198 post.JPG

S6300201 post.JPG

S6300202 post.JPG

Yeah, that for sure wasn't the Spurs I saw when they played the Gooners?????
I like the progress you've made so far Gav. are you going to keep this one a concept Fett?

Cheers Scott... I do need more pairs of hands tho! :lol:
I've got my Albino / FPH & V3 Armour on the go? :wacko but it does break down ok as I need a good 24-48 hrs cure time between projects? ;)

Ben don't be sour bro? :lol: my nephew is also a Spurs fan and he was gutted with their performance? :p

The lid will (I hope) resemble the pre-pro Albino - 'super trooper' polished white lid with silver/metallic ears? red and green arrows... 8)

Coming from you that is a huge compliment Alex... :eek:
still gotta along way to go tho? more wet-sanding between coats to get that (is it a vac formed finish) ;)
I also need to sort out some proper 'show off' pics (lighting etc ain't working)

I plan to do an Albino Pre Pro(aka supertrooper) eventually too....
Wet sanding is the key(y)...so your on the right track bro.

cheers.(y)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeh I found that with my TE trooper helmet when I used the appliance paint, try not to go too crazy, as in lots of small sprays if that makes sense, looking great so far bro, ya got a PM re:Zinc Chromate by the way sorry for the late reply I was swearing at the mailman (joke) (y)

*update*

Ok.. more wet-sanding and yet another coat of the white appliance paint?
During the last sand I decided to sand the resin ear pieces so that they had very crisp edges...
These ears will be sprayed chrome/silver later, so I may have another update later today?

pics...

Front.JPG

Front left.JPG

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back