METAL stock "D" bracket, who makes them?

Sixxgunn13

Well-Known Hunter
EDIT*** i got this pic off the net, if owner wants me to take it down lmk.

BobaStock.jpg

i need 1 possibly 2 of these, pm or post here if you have info OR wanna sell some to me. thx

Last edited by a moderator:
What about laser-cut acrylic for the butt-stock mounting bracket?

Acrylic is stronger (or less prone to cracking into pieces) than resin. Also, these can be made to be very precise (I use a program that generates .eps files, or Encapsulated Post Script files, which then can be interpreted by a computer to drive the laser cutter), and these files can be made/altered to fit a variety of base pistols, ranging from an actual Webley Flare gun, to a cheapy, $10.00 38 Special from the Hobby Shop... or even scratch-built MDF guns... I just need a a good scanned tracing of the connection point on the pistol grip. Basically, you just remove the woody pistol grip material, and either scan it on an open scanner bed, or trace it to paper, then scan it.

PM me, and I will send my e-mail address for anyone who wants one, to send their .jpg files (or .pdf files).

Another cool point, acrylic can also be painted with a base of grey Krylon Fusion, then painted with a metal-type paint, then weathered.

Later!

Johnny

Dude, Andy, check post #5! :lol:lol::lol:lol::lol:lol:
But that involves reading!! :lol:lol::lol:
What about laser-cut acrylic for the butt-stock mounting bracket?

Acrylic is stronger (or less prone to cracking into pieces) than resin. Also, these can be made to be very precise (I use a program that generates .eps files, or Encapsulated Post Script files, which then can be interpreted by a computer to drive the laser cutter), and these files can be made/altered to fit a variety of base pistols, ranging from an actual Webley Flare gun, to a cheapy, $10.00 38 Special from the Hobby Shop... or even scratch-built MDF guns... I just need a a good scanned tracing of the connection point on the pistol grip. Basically, you just remove the woody pistol grip material, and either scan it on an open scanner bed, or trace it to paper, then scan it.

PM me, and I will send my e-mail address for anyone who wants one, to send their .jpg files (or .pdf files).

Another cool point, acrylic can also be painted with a base of grey Krylon Fusion, then painted with a metal-type paint, then weathered.

Later!

Johnny
With acrylic, you're just asking for trouble.

Dang! Well, I am new with using acrylic. I will make a handful, and do some stress tests and let you know. I know the resin ones like to pop with minimal pressure. Thanks for the information.

I made one for my last self-made blaster but the dimensions aren't exactly the same as with the real Webley flare gun... pretty easy to make if you have the right tools... 1/8 aluminium.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back