jango boot alternative

runJEDIrun

Active Hunter
This is in regards to the boots Satxer posted that TD2253 found at Journeys, $79.99 which is right where i wanna be money wise, but i was wondering if anyone else already had these and if they were workable? it looks like there is a GBX logo that needs to be covered/removed but other than that they look good to me. I can't afford $200 + for the accurate boots and i wanted to know if you guys think this is the best alternative? THANKS!

here they are.
1_59726_FS.jpg

http://www.journeys.com/catalog_detail.aspx?c=vendors&s=guys/GBX&id=59726

Last edited by a moderator:
I have used the journeys for my first JF Version.
If you cant get the original its a not so bad alternative.
I have used velcro over the gbx logo to attache the armor.

jorneys4.jpg

jorneys3.jpg

Well, I am glad someone posted what they look like with the armor on it. Now I am not worried about buying them. As soon as I recoup a little from the rest of the parts I bought.

Thanks as well from me Loanstar, as I'm planning on going with those boots as well. :cheers

Yours turned out pretty much how I had envisioned mine would look, including the removal of that bottom buckle. Did you add anything in place of the removed buckle, or did you find that the spat armor kept it in place well enough?

I would think that the way it is set up, that top buckle will handle that side no problem. Plus, that armor piece looks like it secures where the bottom buckle was pretty well.

awesome! great pic loanstar! yeah i too was a little worried until i saw the pic. so all you did was remove the bottom buckle correct?

Yes I just cut it off and the boot armor hide it.
I also have painted the seams black (they where grey before).
Than I have used powerglue to use the velcro over the gbx logo and voilat everything was fine :)

awesome! great pic loanstar! yeah i too was a little worried until i saw the pic. so all you did was remove the bottom buckle correct?

Those are cool Jango boots. I see there's a Journey's store in my area. I still have some money on my VISA gift card. I'll buy the jango boots soon.

Are they good Open Seasons Jango boots? Thanks.

Those are cool Jango boots. I see there's a Journey's store in my area. I still have some money on my VISA gift card. I'll buy the jango boots soon.

Are they good Open Seasons Jango boots? Thanks.

The boots for the movie Jango and the Open Seasons Jango are the same. The only difference is on the Open Seasons you do not have to put the silver strips on the sides of the soles.

Found the following pic some time ago. (can't remember where, most likely google or deviant art...)

fastrakshoe3px4.jpg

Not my own or so, just wanted to share, they look awesome!

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back