starting my zam where should i begin?

Tiffany ZAM

New Hunter
hi i'm tiffany. i am new to the board and i was wondering if anyone could help me out with starting my zam costume. Trouble is i don't know where to start. I think i want to start by getting the armor out of the way then tackle the soft parts. I am trying to make a zam on a budget, that is to say i can't afford the most 100% screen accurate zam, however i don't want it to look like a zam on a budget. any suggestions on where i should look to get my armor?

thanks!
xoxo
tiffany

Hi Tiffany. Well you've come to the right place.

I've helped my girlfriend finish hers but it wasn't on a budget :)
However, a girl on these boards called Cressie (please look for her Zam on a budget thread) has done one.
So best bet is to first make yourself familiar with all of Zam's costume parts. From a pic or these threads, and then check out Cressie's thread to see how she did it

Here's Cressie's thread.
http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=19778

Then there's a thread by Zam I Am, sticky up top, not Yvonne but the thread, that will help you get all the part names etc.

Hope that helps

John

thanks john! I've been checking out the threads and looking at both cressies zam and the stickys. I'm really excited to start this and i really like the zam you did for your girlfriend! thanks for the help.

who would you recommend i look to for armor parts?

xoxo
tiffany

There's really only a few people who make Zam parts.... MonCal is one of them - his stuff is amazing - hands down. JDFett made some pieces for sale too for a decent price, but I don't think he is doing that anymore.

Hi Tiffany and welcome to the Zam madness! :D

Unfortunately there aren't a lot of resources for the costume.... the above mentioned are the only ones I know of as well. We simply don't have the resources that a Boba or Jango does. :( If you're a member of the 501st, your local garrison is sure to have some talented members to help you out on some of the tough parts if you don't want to tackle them on your own.

My suggestion would be to start wherever you want to start. You may want to start with finding the armor, but you can also buy some leather and begin doing that part yourself while locating the armor... :)

hey, thanks for the info. I think i am going to do just that. I sent a pm to moncal to get a price list, and while i am waiting on that, i plan to sort out what leather/pleather im going to need to get to start sewing. The problem is really just the neoprene bodysuit. I'm thinking about looking for a unitard pattern and going from there.

Hey there,

I've got a set of JDfett resin greeblies and some purple lycra that's a pretty good color match. My wife was thinking about doing a Zam outfit, but has since reconsidered.

I'd be willing to let both go for a good price. PM me if you're interested and we can work something out.

Brian

JDFett's progress thread is a great reference for a Zam on a budget...he made most of the stuff himself. And his wife's Zam turned out great.

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=18433

actually i can still make the greeb set...and thanks tony for the props...but i wouldnt exactly say she was done on a budget...unless you consier about 2500 bucks cheap..LOL sometimes making things yourself isnt always indicating that it was less expensive..LOL

Tiffany keep in mind the Body suit is not a one piece unitard. It's basically a crop top and pants. If you look at JDFett's thread you can see what I mean.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back