traveling with your gear help

Bountyone

Active Hunter
Hey guys, I wanted to get some feedback on traveling on an airplane with your costume. I decide to fly instead of driving to San Francisco for WonderCon from San Diego (8 hour drive or an hour flight??? no brainer) so here's my question, will they give you problems about having replica weapons in your luggage? my gear would be checked in of course and not "carry on". I"m an ESB Fett so I have a Blaster and a Sidearm. would it be better to mail them to the hotel (Marriot) and take a chance on it being there or take it with me on a plane???

thanks,

Ben-

Last edited by a moderator:
Ben, when I used to work in different states I used to throw all my tools in a suit case and never got hasseled. I think you should be good but to be sure call the airlines or the airport.

Only having heard of this suggestion and I have not done this.I have been told by folks Fedex'ing important items to where they are going to keep the airlines from losing or damaging important/priceless items.I think with FedEx'ing you can get insurance also.
I dont know of the cost difference/savings but I would guess for the "peace of mind" it might be worth it.
Check with the hotel to make sure they will hold your package until you arrive.Maybe send it a day or two head of your flight so it will be waiting on you when you get there.

(8 hour drive or an hour flight??? no brainer)

That is a no-brainer ... drive!:lol: But that's me.:rolleyes I am really afraid of trying to get my Fett costumes through airport security. They could get damaged, components could be confiscated, the entire costume could get lost, airport security could steal some of it (I've had this actually happen ... security stole DVDs out of my luggage.) I've tried to check my sandtrooper costume on a commercial airliner. Let's just say I will never do this again. But if you are going to try and get your costume aboard as carry-on luggage, I'd suggest bringing it to TSA yourself, telling them what it is, and have them screen it and be there if a problem arises.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back