Fitting armor to your body, and a few more Q?

Sixxgunn13

Well-Known Hunter
Hey peeps,

Now that many of us have FP V.3 armor, i was wondering if anyone can post ways that they have used to get the armor parts to sit right, I'm not talking about snaps, velcro etc...

but collar to backplate, cod to kidney.

with that said, does the cod and kidney just hang around your waist. or is it attached in someway? and is the collar held in placed with snaps thus making the back plate stay in place WITH the use of studs thru both collar and back plate, or does the back plate have snaps as well.

i hope it makes sence... :/

pls post pis if you have any, thx

Arnold

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll take a few pictures of how I attach my old armour. Hold on and let me get my gear on to take some photos.

Keep in mind that the screen used costume on ROTJ at least used a stud on each side to keep them attached, much like on the shoulders.

EDIT:
Here are some photos

Velcro on jumpsuit.
CIMG0158.jpg

Velcro on Butt and Cod Piece
CIMG0159.jpg

Attach Butt Plate to Jumpsuit.
CIMG0160.jpg

Attach Cod Piece onto Butt Plate.
CIMG0161.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you! i was also wondering about the collar to backplate do they just sit there as well? i do know ppl add snaps to collar SO does the back plate just hang there?

thx again

Mine are attached with the same collar studs as on the collar. There's a bolt that's epoxyed through one and the collar stud screws onto it just like on the real one.

Thank you! i was also wondering about the collar to backplate do they just sit there as well? i do know ppl add snaps to collar SO does the back plate just hang there?

thx again
Other than the studs in the shoulders, I let my backplate just hang there. The jet pack also keeps it in place pretty well.

i cheated on the cod/kidney. i have the aluminum studs glued on, but velcro behind them. it was easier than screwing it together every time :)

for the back and collar, i have 2 of the studs glued on and 2 of them screwed through. the ones closest to my neck are ornamental, and the ones on the shoulders hold the front and back together.

my collar velcros to the vest, and the back plate is held to the collar, then pinned down by the back.

I want to thank everyone for sharing their methods of attachment. i was wondering if the stud blocks on the cod, are for ESB as well?

thx
Arnold

I rivet one side of the kidney to the cod and then velcro the left side. I do have a way to connect the studs but you'll have to give me a day or two to ruffle threw my things to find it.

Oh and as for the collar to the back plate I use those connections that are on dress pants for like a suit. There quick attachments instead of a button so you can put your pants together quicker with out all the trouble of a button.......... I can't think of the name but as soon as I get my camera back I'll post it. I think that there the best for the collar to back since its so quick and easy

So heres a few pics of the thing on dress pants I was telling you about. I don't have any pics of it being completed but its really easy. I just got some old dress pants and cut these connections off. Then I just hot glue them on the armor.

vid014.gif

THe other things is what I will use for the cod piece. There called binding posts and you will find them at Ace hardware. I used them on my collar studs and they worked great. I used bobamakers studs so it might be different if you use someone else. I just drilled the size of the post into the stud and then I put jb weld to adhere them together. Drill into the stud so the post is flush with the stud. I did'nt use the parts pictured but it gives you an idea of what they look like. I used the bolt that comes with them and then I find a nut thats the same thread size to fasten it togehter. then when there ready just drill a hole the same size as the nut into your cod piece and place it threw. then bolt it together and tighten it.

vid016.gif

sorry about the blurry pics

Attachments

• vid014.gif
    vid014.gif
    6.4 KB · Views: 193
  • vid016.gif
    vid016.gif
    6.4 KB · Views: 221
This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back