The Saint-Boba progress thread

saint boba

I tried waiting for the sculpting clay to set and it just wouldn't dry. It's even more soft than it was 24 hours ago when I started with it. So I tried to fit the whole thing in the oven but it was too big.:angry
Then I went out and bought a little blow-torch. It's quite a handy thing to have around, and it was only $10!
So I set the clay with the torch and started on the gauntlet build-ups. I just used a few pieces of sintra I had laying around and cut the tip off of a pen for the left side rocket(no pix of that yet, maybe after I paint it).
I started with the base coat of silver for the armor.
I also cut the tips off of some nails to make the spikes for the boots.

IMG_0249.JPG

IMG_0250.JPG

IMG_0251.JPG

IMG_0252.JPG

IMG_0253.JPG

Ah-ha!! ESB Angelic Fett!

Looks promising. Keep it up,
ZK

p.s.,
What did you think of the lack of Fett representation in the exhibit? mis-labled rifle not withstanding.

Last edited by a moderator:
You going to paint the neckseal and the second decal on? y'know, the little wheat-leaf thingy........ No, I don't know what it's called.

edit: post # 999..... WA-HOO!!!!

This means it's tiem for me to start a dedication thread.

You going to paint the neckseal and the second decal on? y'know, the little wheat-leaf thingy........ No, I don't know what it's called.

edit: post # 999..... WA-HOO!!!!

This means it's item for me to start a dedication thread.

I will definately be adding the second logo on the chest plate a little later. Maybe tonight!
I'm not really sure what that "leaf thingy" is supposed to be or the red "droplet", but that little glyph in the bottom right hand side is absolutely a "bass clef sign" used on sheet music. It's there to represent the bass instruments notation. It's the letter "f" Designated as the key of F. The key in which all bass instruments are tuned to.

Too much music theory in college.:facepalm

imageload.jpeg

when I read the thread's title, I had my bud's suit in mind

Our Saints Mando in New Orleans
OLLTFTGiveaway070vi-vi.jpg

(still working on the chest pieces)

It's the letter "f" Designated as the key of F. The key in which all bass instruments are tuned to.

Too much music theory in college.:facepalm

Not all bass instruments now. Tuba's are weird, in that they can be built tuned to either BBb, C, Eb, F, and even G. The unique thing is that it all in concert pitch, and you do not need to transpose ;)

-tubachris
(Thats not a bass cleff BTW)

I added some yellow trim to the sash and have been trying to fix the color scheme on the chest plates. I like them a lot better now.
Then I tried to create the section of the chest with the LEDs with a bit of difficulty but I think are starting to take shape.

IMG_0262.JPG

IMG_0261.JPG

IMG_0263.JPG

ANd oh yeah, one of my friends saw some of these postings(and not the real thing) and asked how big it was. He was thinking that this is a small model about 8-10 inches, then I shocked him telling him the whole thing stands at 31 inches! Yeah, it looks a lot smaller in the pictures, but I assure you it is quite big.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back