Cloverfield monster - Spoilers?

saw the movie last night. though i went in thinking it was going to be a let down i was pretty impressed. i can't normally do the handheld video thing, but if this movie had been filmed any other way it wouldn't be as powerful. The special effects are fantastic and it kept my attention. There were questions left unanswered and a lot of people i watched it with were pissed, but i think since we as viewers were supposed to be the common civilian, we too were left in the dark like rob and beth and all them. all in all it was pretty sweet!

I thought it was a great movie. It's funny now going back and seeing everyones ideas and concepts of what the monster was going to be abd to see how far off they were.

I have to say I was disappointed. Ususally they leave a big twist or something cool outside of the trailer, and this movie didn't. Pretty straight-forward run / blood / scream flick.

I did wait thru the credits and the 'it's still alive' , although we didn't know for sure - was expected in a cliche sort of way.

Question: At the end when the creature 'ate' the camera man, didn't it seem smaller than a creature capable of destroying NYC? And why wouldn't it just eat him whole?

Did anyone else pick up on the thing falling out of the sky into the ocean when they cut to the last Coney Island shot? I didn't but it was pointed out to me later.

Gerrr...

cloverfield.jpg
oh no the rankor!:lol:lol::lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to say I was disappointed. Ususally they leave a big twist or something cool outside of the trailer, and this movie didn't. Pretty straight-forward run / blood / scream flick.

I did wait thru the credits and the 'it's still alive' , although we didn't know for sure - was expected in a cliche sort of way.

Question: At the end when the creature 'ate' the camera man, didn't it seem smaller than a creature capable of destroying NYC? And why wouldn't it just eat him whole?

Did anyone else pick up on the thing falling out of the sky into the ocean when they cut to the last Coney Island shot? I didn't but it was pointed out to me later.

I just got back from it. I thought it was pretty good. Its different from other monster flicks. As for the size of it, you have to use other scenes where they show different angles on it. They show many angles to show its size. I mean the thing lunged at the helicopter that was above the city's skyline. How it dosnt look big from right under the monster, thats because if you see something like that from directly underneath it, i.e. completly vertical upwards, its really hard to estimate its true size. Gotta go!

The movie was fantastic

The dv cam worked great. it was a total separation from the spoon fed hollywood ****. there is no foreshadowing or camera angles to spoil the chaos. 15 minutes into the movie you forget you're watching a movie, it's then a fascinating documentary of trying to survive a disaster.

i can't even call it great acting because it was completely different from acting. i can imagine the actions and reactions of the characters to be true to such an extraordinary event.

as far as creature design it actually follows some true to life biology, as far as hosts living with parasites that do not harm them, but can harm others.

even the little character development was fine, and the relationships believable.

definitely buying this one.

might even go see it again this weekend.

-Q

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back