Let the clone madness begin

More pics. A little more work:

P1012863.jpg

P1012864.jpg

P1012865.jpg

P1012867.jpg

Too close to Christmas for me to get in on the first run, but I hope to get a set in the next run. *crosses fingers*

The armor looks great 5204. (y) I have a few questions.

How did you connect the cod piece to the butt plate?

Looks like you also cut some of the butt armor away from the kidney area, and just left the middle piece sticking up. Why did you do it that way?

I did not know that OSCS was providing a seperate kidney piece to connect to the abb plate. Can you provide some pictures of how the abb and kidney plates connect?

Thanks bro. I'll be following your progress, so be sure to keep us posted.

Gator

The butt plate is tall in the back. Kevin designed it that way, I'm following his directions. The small amount you see on the butt plate on the sides, above the waistline will support and be covered by the belt. I used snaps to attach the cod/butt. Per the directions, the ab/back piece are butt connect/ glued on the sides, then cut down the center of the back, to be mostly covered. Blue tape holding it together. Compare the last pics in post #23 and you'll se belt covers that side plastic. Just for support I guess. I'm working closely with Kevin as I go to make sure I dont mess it up. I confirm what I'm going to do before I cut.

P1012866.jpg

P1012857.jpg

That armor looks amazing! It is cool how they got it to "look thick". I can't wait to get my set and get working on it. This armor will make an awesome clone, no matter which one you are doing!!

I had all day today to get some work done. Here ya go. I really tried to not use any body filler. I use a black, plastic bonding, bumper repair filler to cover the seams. Also used a good quality Dupont filler primer. Although you see the edges, I assure you, you can't see or feel them.

P1012884.jpg

P1012885.jpg

P1012886.jpg

P1012889.jpg

P1012890.jpg

P1012887.jpg

P1012888.jpg

P1012891.jpg

Done for today. I'll let this set overnight and sand on them tommorrow night.

P1012892.jpg

I went with OSCS suggestion of Dupli-color for Truck SUV Pure/Linen white. Got it at Kragen. The spray tips are nicer, not like regular spray paint.

P1012916.jpg

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back