FP V.3 Armor HELP!!

Sixxgunn13

Well-Known Hunter
Hi guys,

I just received my FP V.3 armor...I was wondering about the knees, once we trim them are we suppose to let them flex to the point, that they look like V.2 so they hug around our knee? or let them be, cause currently untrimmed they somewhat flare out.

Also, following CNGgamer's video, I was using the electrical tape to use as a guide for trimming, how do I work it around the dents in the plastic, do i just follow the line of the armor(red) OR follow the shape of the dent(green)?

see pic below.

linegs3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Once you trim the remaining flashing from the knees (as per the posted tutorial) when you put them on, and strap them up, the straps put just enough tension on them to naturally hug them to your knees with the natural flex of the plastic. It's not as drastic as you're making it sound. They're supposed to be like that ;) Unless of course, you have reeeeeely skinny knees. But you'd have to be dangerously anorexic (I'm serious, not a joke) for there to be any issue. The only analogy I can think of would be trying to wear the knee guard around a very skinny woman/child's wrist. they were made with a wee bit of flare to accommodate slightly larger Fett's if required, as it's better to flex them inward, then to flex them outward over a very large knee if that makes sense.

Not sure about the electrical tape thing. I've never used that method. It's ingenious, but I don't figure I can add anything to that if I've never done it :lol: But i will say, that "eyeballing it" to your posted green guideline would be the most accurate way to trim the top dent in the ab plate, the red would be the way to trim the chest plate, and lower dent of the ab plate. At least that is the way I've been doing it for years

FP

Last edited by a moderator:
That is perfect Andy - awesome ! Thank you again for doing this for everyone. Above and beyond bro :cheers !!! And I did get your last PM, I haven't forgot about you !

FP

Hmm.. with Lorenzo being a Jango, the armour is a little different and doesn't connect to the vest in that fashion. Boba Fett's collar and backplate were connected to each other being held with the shoulder studs and screws. So to put it simply, the collar overlaps the backpiece and is held on using the shoulder studs.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back