helmet from disney world

If you are planning to do a quality Star Wars costume, I would stay away from officially licensed costume parts. That is unless they come from Master Replicas. You can buy fan made helmets here on this forum from members, they are a bit more in price, but they won't leave you disappointed.

limitededitionfett said:
well, alright.
I found another helmet at buystarwarscostumes.com. its a jango fett collector's edition helmet.
do you guys think I should go with that one?
no. that's a rubies helmet as well. the helmet is THE most important part of your costume. it's the part that people recognize, it's the part that gets the most scrutiny. a great helmet can make a mediocre costume look awesome. a bad helmet can make an amazing costume look like ****. save your duckets, get a helmet from one of the makers here. it'll cost you a bit more, but it's worth every penny if you want to get serious about your costume.

limitededitionfett - except for the fact that I have reached my quota for this casting run I would be happy to help you out with a full size lid casting. Depending on how long you are willing to wait for this, you might be able to catch me on my next run... probably in the spring or something like that. However, if you get hooked with another helmet-maker here in the meantime then that is what I recommend as well. The guys are right, you won't find a good Fett bucket from any commercial source unless you want to pay top $$ for a Master Replica version. The only option apart from buying from a builder is to try making one yourself from the fantastic templates here on the site, posted by wizardofflight.

limitededitionfett - except for the fact that I have reached my quota for this casting run I would be happy to help you out with a full size lid casting. Depending on how long you are willing to wait for this, you might be able to catch me on my next run... probably in the spring or something like that. However, if you get hooked with another helmet-maker here in the meantime then that is what I recommend as well. The guys are right, you won't find a good Fett bucket from any commercial source unless you want to pay top $$ for a Master Replica version. The only option apart from buying from a builder is to try making one yourself from the fantastic templates here on the site, posted by wizardofflight.
and while you're at it, look up wizardofflight's armor template. with those you can make yourself some fine looking armor using a couple five dollar garbage cans from wal-mart. you might have to modify them a little bit, because you said you wanted to do the holiday special fett. i think there's a stickied thread in the armor section with links to every WoF template.

Go with Bobamaker.... You can get the full helmet kit, with room for the LED light setup in it (not included of course, although basic wiring is easy if you have time, LED's, wire and batteries...)

cant remember the exact price, but you wont be disappointed.. im on a very tight budget, but im getting another Bobamaker helmet since they are that awesome :D

you will find his stuff here... www.bobamaker.co.uk

thats where i got my helmet! i already put a black and red paint job on it and im working on replacing the visor.. that parts not going too well.

if you're having trouble finding something to use as a visor just go on ebay. there's a guy there that is always selling t-visors. pre-cut, ready to be installed. he's got them in 3 sizes, standard (good for rubies and dp's), extended (that'll fit most mystery sized helmets), and omgwtfbig! size (for those few oversized buckets)

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back