helmet from disney world

I bought a Boba helmet on my last trip to disney world (at Star Tours I might add) and I want to know if I should use that one or if I should use a different one.

here is a picture.

it does have a vizor but the flash made it useless, I'll replace it soon.

PICT0053.jpg

Get a different one. One from one of the artists here. Is that a rubber mask or a rubies? The black ears look like a rubies, but the shape looks more like a rubber mask.

Its a Don Post Helmet. Which is a great starter helmet. Just replace the visor and apply a new paint job, and you have got yourself a great starter helmet.

Look how bulgy the cheeks are, like rounded out at the bottom. It definitely looks like a hard rubber mask. I'd say get one from of the builders here as well. :-\

How much did you pay for it?

I always wonder who finalizes the molds for any character masks/helmets like this...I meen, I'm sure theres a ton of people who buy them, but man, they reeeaaaalllllyyyy remind me of 80's halloween masks.

Its a Don Post Helmet. Which is a great starter helmet. Just replace the visor and apply a new paint job, and you have got yourself a great starter helmet.
A DP is a great starter helmet, but this is a Rubies, since it came from Star Tours.

Jango Rubies Deluxe= usable, but may not come out great
Dp= Good, depending on the year
Helmets from helmet makers here= Pwnage

I say keep it, but don't use it on your costume, it would take too much work to make it look decent, and then it still may not be worth it. If you still want a more affordable helmet, then get the Rubies Jango.

This is not a rubber flimsy mask, that wiggles like deli meat. This is made of (since it..er I think it is a Rubies) vinyl.

Hope that helped a bit!
:cheers

Rubies.... not even the DP 97 looks that bad out of a package... :S

Keep that for like paintballing or something lol :p and get yourself a helmet from the guys in here :D FettPride, Bobamaker, MLC are just to name a few... there are plenty more here... My bet is with Bobamaker though :)

THAT is, believe me, the very same 'Ala Carte' boba fett bucket I bought very cheaply two years ago. It is ABSOLUTELY useless for any decent bucket. It is made from annoying rubber substance, which cannot be heated to correct form, it will revert to it's originallish state in a couple of days. Leave it lying on it's side for a day, and it'll deform flat. The rangefinder, stalk and the ear it is connected to are hard plastic, which would be great, if they would not be a bit too small. Can you tell what text is on the lower back of the helmet?
I have plans for the one I own, which have nothing to do with BOBA Fett..But please, do think twice before committing any hard work on this one, it is NOT worth it
I bought one of these two years ago off of eBay for about $30. It definitely is a 97 Rubies. It's great for a kid, but not for anyone over, say, 13.

With a little work you can have a very happy child running around on Halloween.

Here's my 6-year-old with the custom I did for him.
image052.jpg

A little time and plenty of patience, you can have a great bucket.

David.

wow, ok, well this helmed I did buy at star tours, and yes I can read the text on the back.
it was made in Germany, and it looks to be really thick latex.
How much are the helmets made by some of TDH members? (limited budget)
and do they come with the rangefinder led lights?

thanks for all of the great advice guys. I'll keep you posted on progress.

David

wow, ok, well this helmed I did buy at star tours, and yes I can read the text on the back.
it was made in Germany, and it looks to be really thick latex.
How much are the helmets made by some of TDH members? (limited budget)
and do they come with the rangefinder led lights?

thanks for all of the great advice guys. I'll keep you posted on progress.

David

No offense buddy, but you should ask them yourself. I don't believe any of them come with LED's though. Just send them all some PM's.

:)

Let me just try to guess what you can read from the back of the helmet. Back left; ala carte, Germany. Back right, TM & @1997 Lucasfilm Ltd... If I am correct, your helmet is the same as mine.. Check this thread which I posted at 2006;
http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=14812
Don't let your hopes down though, that bucket will come in handy when you decide to get (or make) a decent bucket, as I will do, as soon as I can... (propably most mortem..). You can try the colours on that one, and if you have kids, you can quite willingly, give this to them.
And to give you credit, yours is MUCH, much better in shape than mine, when I got it. If you look at the thread, you'll see REALLY ****-lookin brother of this vinyl/latex bucket.
Cheers, and hopefully you get a bucket you like.
Black ear cap = Standard Rubies (Ala carte)
Silver ear cap/ wonky arrows = Deluxe (collectors) Rubies
Silver ear cap/ clean arrows = DP95

Thats how I tell the different low ends apart in pics... Not sure about arrows on the DP96/97, but the 95 arrows are very sharp. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back