My Jango Progress

I don't recall of a wine color being used to dye a Jango suit, but I could have over looked that in some threads. It's trial and error like Craig mentioned.

Keep at it Phil, you're still making progress.

I'm kinda stumped as to how I was able to finish mine ahead of you though. You were way further along than I was.

It looks pretty good. I really like the color of your jumsuit now. I think it looks perfect. All you need now is spray with sand color and mud color all over it to make it look weathered.

The more you wash it the more its going to look like the real deal. It will get a tad lighter. Here are some pics for comparison. it looks like all images were taking with flash. I have also included a picture of my suit for comparison to the weathering.

jumpsuitecompare.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys!

Hey SEEKER, what did you use to weather your suit? Fullers Earth like the sandtrooper weathering? or is that acrylic watered down and sponged on? Thanks man!

I mist Rustoleum 2089 dark gray primer. Then on top of that I used krylon Khaki color. or any nice flat muddy looking colors. just think dust or arena sand. make look gritty and sandy.

:D

As for shins, I would say stay away from metal, since the rest of your armour is fiberglass. Just wait until Cruzer finishes his project.

You're Jango is looking great brother. I'm making trashcan armor shins and pretty much everything else. For knees I went with ASOK and Gauntlets are Cruzer. But following your progress is helping me a lot with ideas and contacts. :cheers

Rup

glad to hear its of help to you man. I'm probably going to wait to get the rest of the stuff from Cruzer when i get the cash. Im just so eager to wear it. I ordered the snaps from Tandy and probably ordering the CA glue sometime this week.

Great progress! I know all too well that eager to have it done and wear it feeling. My shins are done and I just need to mold them, so it's at the top of my to do list this month along with my boot armor and thigh armor.(y)

finally an update!

I just got my old MOW gauntlets reinforced with fiberglass, but I still have pretty nasty cracks on the outer surface. I wanted to know what you all thought would be the best way to tackle this piece. Ideally i do not want to have to redo the entire rub and buff job. I dunno if it is a matter of CA glue or bondo or something. Open to suggestions.

The box is full of the rest of the gear minus the backplate and shins which is all i need before this baby is complete. Almost....there....

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0003.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back