My Jango Progress

Very nice, i'm working in my new upgrade jango costume, i hope next month it should be completly done. I 'm waiting for the sewer for my new jumpsuit.
But yours look good.(y)

time for an update! Been really busy this month with work and such and i havent had much time to work on jango. I did however get my Bobamaker flight suit and vest in :) The vest is perfect and airbrush weathered (will post pics soon) but the flight suit color was a little off for me. I talked to Cruzer about this today and picked up some RIT denim dye. I plan to do a third dyeing with the RIT wine color once that comes in to give it that purplish hue.

I'm an idiot and didn't take pics before i started dyeing. These two pics are after the first dye with and without flash.

I ended up using a whole bottle of the RIT denim blue and probably at least 3/4 of the wine color when it comes in. Let me know if you think it looks better. THANKS!

BM flight suit review: the sleeves were kind of short which is ok because the gauntlets will cover it, but the legs are kind of baggy so I'm going to get my girlfriend to take it in some. The quality of material and stitching is great! There are two independent front zippers, one fly and one jacket type. Overall pretty happy with the suit, but it definitely requires some work to get it screen accurate in color and probably in fit as well.

p.s. those dark spots are wet spots cuz it didnt dry in the dryer all the way and i didnt have another $1.50 ;)

DSCF4206.jpg

DSCF4207.jpg

DSCF4211.jpg

DSCF4212.jpg

DSCF4213.jpg

DSCF4215.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks blue to me. I used Rit purple and navy blue. washed it, dryed it and then used some royal for a short time, cause the first run was really purple.

P1012985.jpg

ok. so do you guys think using RIT purple or wine would be better then? Wine i will have to order, but purple i can pick up at the local hardware store. How much of the bottle did you end up using of the purple ? 1/2? whole? thanks!

ok. so do you guys think using RIT purple or wine would be better then? Wine i will have to order, but purple i can pick up at the local hardware store. How much of the bottle did you end up using of the purple ? 1/2? whole? thanks!

I did it in a sink. Poured about 1/2 in, stirred it. I like the liquid so I'm sure I won't have to worry about little pieces of dye not dissolving. Put my suit in and kept moving it around for about 10-20 minutes, but don't quote me on that, I dont want to be responsible if you end up looking like Barney-fett.:lol:

I was really purple at first. I washed it dyed it, hit it with some navy, washed it dryed it, then added some royal.

I took about 5 trys to get it right, andI might need to touch it up after several washes.

suit is looking good phil...cant wait to see this thing done...with you moving to NYC...youll be close to the NEG...maybe ill be able to catch you in person sometime!

Looking great so far man..I dont really know what else to day it will be a real pleasure to see it completed. (I think its defently going to be one of the best!)

thanks guys,

Hey Cinco, was that jango in the ECG? I heard one of their members just finished up his. Looks great. I got a lot to live up to.

So I wanted to post a pic with everything i have so far laid out on the table. The gauntlets are not pictured as they are getting some fiberglass reinforcing. All i need now is the back plate, hoses, holster and shins. Doesn't seem like much but $$$ wise is still far away for me right now. This was taken inside with flash.

I did buy some wine RIT dye for the jumpsuit. What do you guys think about the color so far. Should I just soak it in the wine for a while or do you think I should bleach it down some to make it lighter? Thanks!

DSCF4813.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You're gettign there, you got a nice collection of parts going there. I have an SGB flightsuit that was the lightblue color at first. I dyed it a couple times using the RIT denim combined with RIT's liquid purple color and it came out decent. I went sparingly on the color at first, barely using any dye until I got it where I wanted it to be. I hate dyeing stuff like this. I got another flightsuit coming soon from Ladysewsforus and I'll be dreading dyeing that and possibly messing it up.

yeah this flight suit is going to need some adjusting to fit better too, I'm a little scared about taking on that.

So do you think if i add RIT wine to this it will be a step in the right direction?

Just put it in the dye and take your chances. I used liquid Rit purple. Make sure to dissolve the powder if that';s what your using. I'd do 5-10 minutes and check it. I always kept stirring it to make sure it came out even. Wash it, dry it, check it. Not enough? dye it again, a little longer, wash it dry it and check it. Basically trial and error. Mine was way too purple at first, then I added some different blues till I found something I could live with.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back