Cruzer Jango gauntlet run!

Cruzer

Well-Known Hunter
Hey guys.

Ok, let's open up a run of fiberglass backed gel-coat copies of my Jango gauntlets, with some options to help meet everyones' specific needs. Here's a link to the interest thread that contains finished pics in posts #86 & #96: http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=22920

Specifics:
  • The shells will be fiberglass backed gel-coat. See 1st pic.
  • There are two options for the attachment parts: The light-weight option with parts cast from Feather Lite resin, or the slightly more durable option with parts cast from Smooth-Cast resin. The shore hardness between the two is 58D versus 70D, so there is only a slight difference. However this difference can be felt in total weight. For example, a hollowed-out flamethrower cast in Feather Lite weighs 5.9 oz., while a Smooth-Cast flamethrower weighs 8.2 oz. For me, the lighter the better, so I prefer the Feather Lite parts. See 1st pic.
  • I'm going to offer the missile as an option since some members already have aluminum missiles from other makers. The missile I can offer is a "Hyper-Firm" design, and I can offer it in four options (weight posted): Very soft bendable foam (1.5 oz.), rubber like material similar to Hyper-Firm material (2.5 oz.), Feather Lite (2.1 oz.), & Smooth-Cast (3.3 oz.). They're placed left to right respectively in the 2nd pic.
  • And finally, the hardware needed to assemble a complete pair of gauntlets. Includes 75" of blue hose, enough for five 15" sections. See 3rd pic.
I'm also going to be buying some paint to weather the gauntlets I assembled. I know Home Depot only sells custom mixed paint in minimum size of quarts. That's more than I need, so I'll look for some little containers and include some with as many gauntlet sets as I can.

Prices:
  1. Gauntlet Kit (shells and parts) - $225
  2. Missile - $25
  3. Hardware Kit - $30
Payment info:

My paypal addy is Lorenzo_Cruz1@msn.com . USPS Postal Money Orders are preferred if you want to mail a payment. PM me for a mailing addy.

Shipping info:

USPS Priority Shipping is included. PM me for International shipping quote.

I think that's about it. Let me know if I've missed anything. For now, I'll go ahead and take up to ten orders to get this thing started.

Any questions, let me know.

Thanks,(y)
Cruzer

Run List:
1. TK-4426 - gauntlet kit(sc) & hardware...paid...........................................shipped
2. JDFett - gauntlet kit & hardware...paid...................................................shipped
3. Steelblitz - gauntlet kit(fl), missile(fl), & hardware...paid............................shipped
4. BKBT - gaunlet kit & hardware...paid......................................................shipped
5. Satxer - gauntlet kit(fl), missile (r), & hardware...paid...............................shipped
6. nsucolonel - gauntlet kit(sc), missile(sc), & hardware...paid........................shipped
7. Brad 1957 - gauntlet kit(fl), missile(fl), & hardware...paid...........................shipped
8. TK0363 - gauntlet kit(sc), missile(fl), & hardware...paid.............................shipped
9. Florida_Phil - gauntlet kit, missile, & hardware...paid..................................shipped
10. Jango Wes - gauntlet kit(fl), missile(r), & hardware...paid........................shipped
11. Skywalker810 - gauntlet kit, missile, & hardware...paid...........................shipped
12. Illandriel- gauntlet kit, missile(sc), & hardware...paid..+ holsters........shipped
13. Fangs - gauntlet kit(sc) & hardware...paid..............................................shipped
14. Darth Hobbes - gauntlet kit(fl), missile(fl), & hardware...paid......................shipped
15. SoulAssassin - gauntlet kit(sc) & hardware...paid..set hinges+holsters.........shipped
16. Darksaber212 - gauntlet kit(fl), missile(fl), & hardware...paid....set hinges........shipped
17. TB750 - gaunlet kit(sc), missile(r), & hardware...paid..............+ holsters.........shipped
18. Oz - gauntlet kit(sc), missile, & hardware...paid.......................................shipped
19. Asok - gauntlet kit(sc) & hardware...trade
20. bobafett669 - gaunlet kit, missile, & hardware...trade................................shipped
21. GCNgamer128 - missile(fl)...paid.........................................shipped
22. Seeker - missile(fl)..........................................................shipped

List is now closed.
Thanks

9.JPG

10.JPG

11.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Two questions:

- What did you use to get the nice copper looking color on the featherlight missle?

- What do you recommend to use to hold the hinges on?

I wish you did Boba Fett ones as well lol :p these look really really sweet :D

Actually...using these gauntlets as a base, I've been considering this project since I've heard from more than one person who's expressed similar interest.

Two questions:

- What did you use to get the nice copper looking color on the featherlight missle?

- What do you recommend to use to hold the hinges on?

Ace Hardware's brand of metallic copper.
Definitely use Satellite City's Super T (green label) CA glue if you want to ensure no problems later on. I wouldn't use anything else.

Are you going to still offer these in Cold Cast?

Down the road I may experiment a little more with the cold cast idea, especially since I have 5 lbs of aluminum powder sitting in my garage. However, for now I'm content with being able to offer members what I feel are quality gauntlets at what I hope is a reasonable price.

I'm also hoping Fettpride will be able to offer his Jango gauntlets in cold-cast soon because it seems he has mastered the art of cold-cast...and probably has a lot more patience for the process than I do. Plus, I'd like to begin taking a look at Alcfalath's suggestion.

Thanks guys. Any more questions, just let me know.(y)

Cruzer

Hey guys, I forgot to mention to let me know of your choice of resin for the parts, and missile if applicable, when you place an order.(y)

Thanks,
Cruzer

New Year Bump! Real sweet Gauntlets bro...I'll have to hit you up for a pair once I start upgrading my gal's Jango. :)

Stay safe bro!

Tim.

Pffft... Bobe Fett RotJ first.. ESB can wait :p

If you can make gauntlets a size that fits my arms comfortably, that would make me a very happy chappy :D ive got a bit of muscle in the forearm... :S makes it a bit awkward sometimes lol :p

Of course thats if you start a set of RotJ gauntlets :p

I'll take a gauntlet kit(featherlite parts), (the rubber like) missile and hardware.

PP has been sent!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back