Who here as a Flickr photo account?

SEEKER

Well-Known Hunter
I just opened up a personal and non personal account.

I havent loaded anything up yet, but I was thinking of making my personal with family pics, wedding etc...

And my non personal with conventions, armor, tutorial etc...

What do you guys think of Flickr.com?

It's free with a yahoo account. you could also upgrade to a pro account for 24.00 dollars a year for unlimited storage.

the cool thing about is that you could find anything on this site. That's what's scary about it.

give me your thoughts on Flickr

here's the link in case you havent heard of it.
http://www.flickr.com/

turo

I guess it all depends on the level of disclosure you're comfortable with on the net. I find it really creepy to know that millions of people would have access to personal pics of your house, your daughter, you drunk in college, etc.

Potential employers also love to search on candidates on Google and Facebook and flickr, to verify if the person is a freak.

I'm also not crazy about the license agreements on image sites like flickr, where you potentially sign away publishing rights to your photos.

Lastly, the more photos you have posted wearing Fett armor or Spartan thongs or whatever, the more likely your pic will end up on someone's blog, or Fark, or collegehumor, (or craigslist) etc. A lot of costumers are fine with that, though.

Great points Dookie. This is the stuff I wanted to hear. I guess i could always have our families join flickr and only give them access to the photos.

good points!

Thank you.

I forgot to mention that if you're searching for depraved and incriminating photos, flickr is an excellent resource; and you get better results if you're logged in. :lol:

Seeker, if you're looking to have private on-line photo albums, then I'd suggest taking a look at Photobucket. ( just click on the photobucket name, and then click on the join now tab. )

You can set it for private, but you can still link your photos to show ones on forums and e-mails etc. (y)

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention... it's free!! ;)

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back