Lucksy31's FP3 Armor Progress

Hi Saint N,
Wow! Although I think that's really nice of you to say, I don't think I would recommend using any member's paint job as reference when there are so many pics of the real deal available.

As I think I mentioned in another thread it's always going to be subject to a little bit of interpretation, because painting a helmet or armor comes down to a matter of taking a 2 dimensional reference picture, and transferring that by whatever method someone chooses to a 3 dimensional object. Even if the reference shots are really large and clear, you still have to "make it fit" the piece you're working on.

I have a slew of pics of the helmets and armor I've worked on saved, and most of them have been posted in my progress threads at one point or another. :lol: Some of them were taken with my older 4 Mp camera, and some with my newer 8 Mp camera, but none of them are nearly as hi-res as any of the pics from the TDH Archive, or the reference CDs. I'm happy to share my pics, but again, I would certainly recommend using the pics of the real items as reference. (y)

Hi Saint N,
Wow! Although I think that's really nice of you to say, I don't think I would recommend using any member's paint job as reference when there are so many pics of the real deal available.

yeah... it's like copying a copy of a tape. over time, it will degrade.

i know when i paint armor/helmets/whatever... i don't do *every* detail 100% spot on. i try to get the overall feel of the original, but without spending a year on it.

so if someone used mine as a reference, they'd cut a few corners off of my cut corners. eventually you're out of corners!

i was looking at FP's rotj helmet when i started on my latest one, but just as inspiration. it's an amazing paint job, but i didn't want to copy from it for just that reason.

yeah... it's like copying a copy of a tape. over time, it will degrade.

i know when i paint armor/helmets/whatever... i don't do *every* detail 100% spot on. i try to get the overall feel of the original, but without spending a year on it.

so if someone used mine as a reference, they'd cut a few corners off of my cut corners. eventually you're out of corners!

i was looking at FP's rotj helmet when i started on my latest one, but just as inspiration. it's an amazing paint job, but i didn't want to copy from it for just that reason.
lol, you looked at fp's rotj too? i cross referenced between that and any of the exhibit pics i could find at the time for my rotj.

Oh man... Looking at this makes me nervous to attack my own fp3 armor. I have never painted stuff like this. I think i need to practice alot before i go for the real thing.
Love the endresult(y)(y)

KoRn3000

get your self a couple of sterilite trash and WOF's templates, cut out a couple sets of armor from and practice on those first.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back