Full size AT-ST???

wow this is going to be cool! keep us updated(y)

P.S. I saw this a few weeks ago and this thread reminded me of it

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow ! I've toyed around with the idea of doing this forever ! Awesome potential for a project like this. Too bad we didn't have a travel fund at TDH so that members can get together once a month or something and work on things like this as a group project ! Hm? I suppose that would be considered a field trip ! :lol:

Good luck to you ! Seriously interested in how you proceed with this

:cheers

FP

If it's going to be stationary, with a moving turret/head, that may be feasible. I'd suggest that you load the feet down with weight to counter-balance the top. The lower the center of gravity, the more stable it will be whether moving or stationary. :) I'd look at using the lightest materials for the top half (aluminum, plastics, fiberglass) etc.

Just an idea here. You may want to contact a local technical school or engineering dept. at a college and enlist the aid of some teachers and students. Nothing beats hands-on experience.

Can you imagine being a student, college, technical or even high school, and working on this project? :lol: Imagine putting THAT on a resume! :cheers

Keep us posted.

a guy down the street from my cousin in texas built a 20 foot model back in the day. made completely out of junkyard parts.

even a 20 foot model was a sight to see. i'd hate to have to go up against one

If it's going to be stationary, with a moving turret/head, that may be feasible. I'd suggest that you load the feet down with weight to counter-balance the top. The lower the center of gravity, the more stable it will be whether moving or stationary. :) I'd look at using the lightest materials for the top half (aluminum, plastics, fiberglass) etc.

Just an idea here. You may want to contact a local technical school or engineering dept. at a college and enlist the aid of some teachers and students. Nothing beats hands-on experience.

Can you imagine being a student, college, technical or even high school, and working on this project? :lol: Imagine putting THAT on a resume! :cheers

Keep us posted. [/quote

I totally agree on light weight products. I was thinking solid feet, maybe using the weights for hanging scaffolding, the stuff they clean skyscarper windows with. The company I work for has a bunch of those weights that they have to replace every few years and if not steel then maybe lead for weight in the feet. It can be molding when you melt it. My cousin happens to be in trade school for drafting so when I told him about it he was all excited. I def have people with able skills on hand, its just getting the time and money to make it work. Unfortunatly we are getting a lot of snow so once spring breaks I'm going to the junkyard and scouting parts and such. I'll keep all posted as soon as this gigantic overtalking begins.

Like Brian said, you've really got to talk to Mark about this one... he was planning on building one for our St. Patrick's Day parade at one point. The guy is like a mad scientist! :lol:

I came across these photos at Rebelscum fourm and thought it might help in your project with trying to get an idea of scale.Yes,I know it is photos of AT-AT not an AT-ST that you are planning.
Maybe it will give inspiration that it can be built.
I hoped I sized them ok.It was hard to judge so you can get a good look.If you large sized photos I can send them.
startoursAtAt2.gif
AT-AT_skeletal_rehab_2.gif

Alex_and_AT-AT.gif

AT-AT_skeletal_rehab_-3.gif

Hope this helps

I came across these photos at Rebelscum fourm and thought it might help in your project with trying to get an idea of scale.Yes,I know it is photos of AT-AT not an AT-ST that you are planning.
Maybe it will give inspiration that it can be built.
I hoped I sized them ok.It was hard to judge so you can get a good look.If you large sized photos I can send them.
startoursAtAt2.gif
AT-AT_skeletal_rehab_2.gif

Alex_and_AT-AT.gif

AT-AT_skeletal_rehab_-3.gif

Hope this helps

As cool as it is that they built a large version of an AT-AT at MGM, it is however, not the actual size or correct proportions. We know that they at least built a full size AT-ST for ROTJ

ok lets all group together make a real atat and rule the world... WE can live like kings! jk good luck with your atst

yeah we'll rule the world........from a stationary position, let those who stand before us tremble, and the rest can, well, erm do what they like cos we cant WALK anywhere let alone chase them!! :lol:

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back