Help!! Deciding which to buy AP or TE2

trooper1

New Hunter
I have taken everyones input and staying away from costume junkie.
I wonder though which is going to be the most bang for my buck and the most realistic and simplest to work with, the AP armor or the TE2?
I hear great things about both but was wanting some info from some experts.
Thanks
I realize now that I am going to have to take some time and do this myself to get it exactly right. I appreciate all input

I'd go for AP Armour, the TE2 is a fantastic suit, but it's also made out of Styrene. The AP armour is full ABS though, it's a million times stronger and less brittle than Styrene.

Sorry on the threads. New to forums and threads, and I had a different question. Wasnt sure how to approach it.
Thanks for the info though.

Both AP and TE2 are great choices...I myself own a TE and have played around with an AP before. Here's another consideration you might wanna think about, TM. Best made Fan Armor I have ever seen, very accurate too, right down to the rivet holes. :)

Paul's good people and FYI, that's my next buy. ;)

Good luck!

Stay safe,

Tim.

I have an AP so I'd recommend that.... Altho as Halo said, TM has produced one of the best fan-made suits out there? ;)

Would def recommend the AP as the quality is outstanding. With TE, you never know what you are going to get and I have seen a lot of TE pieces that are of extremely poor quality.

In my opinion, the AP armor is a better suit for trooping. it's thicker, more resilient plastic, so it can take the abuse.

The TE2 stuff is closer to the originals, sharper details, etc... but I think it's better for display / light duty.

Knowing what my armor has gone through.. I want as sturdy as I can get!!

I have taken everyones input and staying away from costume junkie.
I wonder though which is going to be the most bang for my buck and the most realistic and simplest to work with, the AP armor or the TE2?
I hear great things about both but was wanting some info from some experts.
Thanks
I realize now that I am going to have to take some time and do this myself to get it exactly right. I appreciate all input

Just my 2 cents. TE2 build will be more difficult for a newbie as compared to a AP. Also, you have to consider your physical build. RT-Mod is for a bigger physical frame. I think you have take this into consideration if you intend to troop in it.

Agreed you want to go all out, sometimes its the cheapest way as opposed to upgrading later. But, if you choose an all out and get the works, you must be patient in your build and ask alot of questions during the build. The principle; think twice, and cut once.

A TM will be create too8) And I am queuing for mine.

Good luck on your quest!:cheers But I think you will end up with more than one armor, in the long run... like many of us;)

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back