Fargazer - Sgt Fang Paintup

Del Fargazer

Active Hunter
So .... after repainting my Rubies last year I still wasn't satisfied ... so ... I pickup up a great bucket from Sgt. Fang and I'm MUCH happier.

Still some work to do on the inside, but here are the results. I need to take better pics but...

KentFettDec07_0001sm.jpg

KentFettDec07_0002sm.jpg

KentFettDec07_0003sm.jpg

KentFettDec07_0004sm.jpg

KentFettDec07_0005sm.jpg

KentFettDec07_0006sm.jpg

KentFettDec07_0007sm.jpg

Thanks for looking ....

Amazing work man. I'm not real good at spotting bad spots or anything; I'm not a Fett maniac. The job looks good to me, the average costumer and Star Wars fan. Fantastic work! Get those better pics up like you promised!

What brand/type of paints did you use and how long did it take you?

Nice looking paint job there! The only thing I noticed was that the left earcap is a little too gold looking and not beige enough. What colour paints did you use?

Looks great. I'm still working on my fang-fett helmet. I think you've done an excellent job so far. I used the panzer green, but am custom-mixing everything else. Keep it up!

It's all spray can paints ... still haven't got around to picking up an air brush. The 'main' colors were rustoleum sage green, krylon italian olive satin, krylon burgundy satin, testors gold, royal blue, hunter green and flat black. I also used numerous bottled paints for the silver, dark gray and deep maroon colors. Most of the scratches were using a silver gel pen and or 00 brush and silver paint. The ear 'decals' were hand painted as I was to anxious to wait to acquire them.

I agree the ear gold is to 'gold' ... I'm going to try and figure out a simple way to wash some more beige onto it.

Cheers ....

Very good colors IMO. I've still got to make a colr for the back of the helmet. I brushed on the panzer olive green, goes really well. I did all the scratches by actually scratching the helmet. Again, good work Fargazer.

That's a fantastic paint job! Where do you find the helmet decal or is it painted on? I read in another post it is a rub on decal but have not seen it around.
Have a Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays!

The decals are all hand painted ... I used a masking tape stencil for the kill stripes. Here is a progress pic.

KentFettDec07_0019sm.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazing work! It looks even better in the second pictures. Musthave just been the lighting outside that gave the first ones that goldish look to the earcap.

Very very good work my man. Love the progress pic too.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back