FP ESB Armour Progress

GCNgamer128

Sr Hunter
Video Tutorial - Basic Trimming

Video Tutorial - Trimming Dents

Well the package came in today and everything looks great!!

Thank you Fettpride for making such a great suit!

CIMG0111edit.jpg

CIMG0114.jpg

CIMG0115.jpg

CIMG0116.jpg

CIMG0117.jpg

CIMG0118.jpg

CIMG0119.jpg

CIMG0120.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for posting those up bro :cheers

I posted an update on the armor thread ... but I wanted to let you know that I owe you a few bucks back on shipping. For some reason, yours was waaaaaaay less than what it should have been. I started wondering if I packed the box empty :lol: <JK> Nevertheless, if it was a mistake of the post office, you should benefit from it. So be looking forward to a pay-pal in the next couple of days. I'm not going to hunt for your addy right now though (you'll understand if you read my update) :lol:

Merry Christmas man, and have fun ! (Don't be mixing and matching that Fett armor with the Stormie armor I see laying around now ) ;)

FP

Didn't take me long to hurt myself. The Star Wars Prop gods shall be pleased with this blood sacrifice.

CIMG0122.jpg

Thanks for posting those up bro

I posted an update on the armor thread ... but I wanted to let you know that I owe you a few bucks back on shipping. For some reason, yours was waaaaaaay less than what it should have been. I started wondering if I packed the box empty <JK> Nevertheless, if it was a mistake of the post office, you should benefit from it. So be looking forward to a pay-pal in the next couple of days. I'm not going to hunt for your addy right now though (you'll understand if you read my update)

Merry Christmas man, and have fun ! (Don't be mixing and matching that Fett armor with the Stormie armor I see laying around now )

FP
Thanks again for the great suit FP! I didn't even check out how much shipping was on the box, haha. I was too excited to get it ripped open and pour all of those packing peanuts on the floor. Thanks for paying back the shipping difference!!

Ouch!
i'll be watching this with great interest!:cheers

i hope you cover all your steps cause i want to see how you handel the snaps when you attach the armor to your vest, also the way you attach the bells, and collar to back plate!!:)

not to mention the ESB paint job.. will you attach/ test fit the armor, THEN paint or paint then attach.

thx
Arnold

I got a kneepad done and also got the collar plate trimmed. How do you guys think it turned out? Tomorrow I'd like to do a video tutorial on how to trim the armour, I have a bunch of parts to go still!

CIMG0128.jpg

Got both kneepads done, both shoulders, the Cod. I will be getting a new webcam tomorrow, so that way I will be able to take a video. I will do the backplate in the video, it has the most amount of unique parts that will be looked at when needing to trim.

CIMG0129.jpg

CIMG0130.jpg

Lookin good man !!! fast too !!

The only thing I might suggest, on the knees, is to make sure that you have trimmed the "lip" down as far as possible around the area that will "flex". Not sure if you looked at the knee tutorial or not. And it's sort of hard to tell from the pics, but it looks like you may have left a wee too much. I wouldn't want you to get a flex crack in them so soon. If it's just the pics, disregard :lol: No criticism at all, just trying to help :) Everything looks beautiful !!! And a video to boot ? Wow !!! Would you mind if I used the video for others later (giving you credit of course) ?

FP

Lookin good man !!! fast too !!

The only thing I might suggest, on the knees, is to make sure that you have trimmed the "lip" down as far as possible around the area that will "flex". Not sure if you looked at the knee tutorial or not. And it's sort of hard to tell from the pics, but it looks like you may have left a wee too much. I wouldn't want you to get a flex crack in them so soon. If it's just the pics, disregard :lol: No criticism at all, just trying to help :) Everything looks beautiful !!! And a video to boot ? Wow !!! Would you mind if I used the video for others later (giving you credit of course) ?

FP
Sure :) I'd be making the video to help everyone else out.

About the knees, I could trim down the lip a little more. I did plan to wear these upside down because of the ESB Freezing Chamber mix up. I was also wondering how I would attach the kneedarts with the resin insert? I can't seem to figure out how to get around that.

Andy

The Knees -

The inserts have matching markings to the outside markings on the dart housing. The idea is, cutting out the outer area of the dart housing to fit the circumference of your particular darts using the markings as a guide (make this as tight of a fit as possible for accuracy, no gap around the darts). Then, drilling appropriate sized holes into the resin insert (matching the holes you drilled in the housing). Essentially, you would pass the darts through the housing, into the corresponding holes you drilled into the insert (roughly 3/16 or /1/4 deep). The insert is glued into the back of the housing. This is what will hold your darts securely in place, instead of the plastic of the dart housing alone (which could rip if the darts are snagged on something). A "Socket" for gluing your darts into if you will.

Of course, you will need to make sure that your holes are cut/drilled to align with each other, and the darts "test fitted" before gluing the insert into the back of your housing.

*TIP*

If you over drill the holes into your insert, or if you want to make the holes in the insert slightly larger, you can put a little body filler (bondo) into the holes you drilled into the insert, then while the body filler is still uncured, insert the darts into these holes and let the body filler cure around the darts. This will leave EXACT holes in your inserts for your darts, without having to be precise in your drilling, or if you make a mistake in drilling the holes. The darts are aluminum, so they will be able to be removed from the body filler without a lot of effort (won't stick permanently).

So in simple terms, the "insert" is just a socket to glue your darts into from behind. The holes in the insert were not "pre drilled" because there are different sized darts available, so it was made universal to be up to the individual. If there was a "standard" in darts, it would have been very easy to have this step already done for you. But there isn't unfortunately. Maybe I will have darts made in the future, but for now, this was the best solution for "everyone".

Hope this helps

FP

Hello everyone, just a little update. I finished my video tutorial on how to do basic trimming, but I will submit it to FettPride so he can take a look at it first. I won't post it publicly until I get his okay, so just be patient :)

Andy

*EDIT*
Well FettPride gave me the go-ahead to post the video! Here is the link. I will also post it in Post #1

Video Tutorial - Basic Trimming

Not that you really need the "go ahead' from me, it was very nice of you to ask. Thank you :)

And a huge "Thank You" for taking time out of your personal life to do this for the community. I don't know that I've seen much of this in my time at TDH. It's very refreshing ! And you need a great job !

:cheers

FP

Hey that was a really cool video! Nice job. :)
But one thing you didn't explain was how to cut your finger. That's an important part of any project. (y) ;)

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back