First post, first WOF bukcet build - cardboard!

Hey watch it! LOL :lol:
Thanx!(y)

We all SUCK.

That is truly excellent!

Well 90% of us suck.

Thats amazing

I ain´t in the 10%, but thanks dude! :lol:

More pics:

Here I added the white label on the left ear. Since I am using cardboard type materials mostly, I figured that the easiest way to get the label onto the ear was the following. I printed out the label (Count D template!) on plain white paper (cardboard family!) and cut it out with a pair of scisors and glued it onto the ear. And it worked pretty well! Also added the light gray area's on the ear:

Boba-90.jpg

And some of the dark gray details too:

Boba-91.jpg

Boba-92.jpg

Boba-93.jpg

Better visible without camera flash:

Boba-94.jpg

On top some Caboose (actually my own mix of reds and greens):

Boba-95.jpg

Boba-96.jpg

*Phew*... still got a looooong way to go.
The paint job is far from being movie (or AoSW) acurate but hey, who's lookin'!? :lol:lol::lol:

To be continued... 8)

I have not checked this thread in awhile, but glad I cam back. Wow!! I cannot believe its cardboard. Not only the helmet itself, but especially the ears, rf, etc. This thing is simply fantastic:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Bro we are! and do not knock your skills... this has/is turning out to be freakin awesome!

Well done... watched this from the start and Kudos to you... (y)

Don't know what to say... Cheers mate! :cheers

I have not checked this thread in awhile, but glad I cam back. Wow!! I cannot believe its cardboard. Not only the helmet itself, but especially the ears, rf, etc. This thing is simply fantastic:eek:

Thanks for coming back! I appreciate the attention! :)

They say you've got to see it to believe it, well I have seen it is and it is
STILL unbelievable to me...!8)

This all might just be photoshopped.... LOL:lol:
Dankjewel gast! (y)

On with the paint pics!

I applied some more dark gray to the mandibles (no camera flash):

Boba-97.jpg

Camera flash set to on:

Boba-98.jpg

Also dark gray on the lower cheeks:

Boba-99.jpg

Boba-100.jpg

And finally, some dayligt shots! But even now the colours look different from the real deal (in-person):

Boba-101.jpg

Boba-102.jpg

I put the lid on a self made standard, so it's free floating now:

Boba-103.jpg

More gray...
When that's about done, I will put on the PPR Maroon.

Boba-104.jpg

Did some work on the "cat-scratch"; after this dries I will put more detail in it:

Boba-105.jpg

And on the left side added the silver damage between the kill stripes:

Boba-106.jpg

Boba-107.jpg

Next up should be some serious work on the back section:

Boba-108.jpg

More to come.... Stay tuned! 8)

Last edited by a moderator:
antman
Great job. i am speechless after looking at your progress! Are you going to make a jango after this one? also where did you get the kit for the at at walker?

Wow... I mean... just wow... I just posted the beginning of my bucket and now I want to abandon it in order to follow in your cardboard making footsteps... I kneel at your craft making feet sir, for you are a master.

What was it you said you used, polypaste or some such for the filling out process?

You're doing a great job on it!!!!! I'm impressed and also jealous...lol, I'm just about to start my bucket and with your skills, mine would be dull...lol Thank you so much for sharing your project. I hope it is alright if I took a couple of your ideas to add to mine if not just let me know.

That is looking sweet! Great job on the helmet and the paintwork.

Thanks bro!:) I did a lot of peekin' at your most inspiring batting helmet!(y)

antman
Great job. i am speechless after looking at your progress! Are you going to make a jango after this one? also where did you get the kit for the at at walker?

Thanks, PM sent;). I might do a Jango...

Wow... I mean... just wow... I just posted the beginning of my bucket and now I want to abandon it in order to follow in your cardboard making footsteps... I kneel at your craft making feet sir, for you are a master.

What was it you said you used, polypaste or some such for the filling out process?

A master I am not (yet ;)), for there is still much to learn. But don't let this ol' thread be a threat to your own skills. Just go ahead and do that bucket man! Scratch buckets are always fun to do and see. Good luck dude!

Great job!

:cheers

You're doing a great job on it!!!!! I'm impressed and also jealous...lol, I'm just about to start my bucket and with your skills, mine would be dull...lol Thank you so much for sharing your project. I hope it is alright if I took a couple of your ideas to add to mine if not just let me know.

Thanks and I would be honoured if you incorporated my ideas into your creation! Let's see what you can do bro! (y)

On with the show....

A few pics only. Some minor detail added to the gray and silver scratches on the dome:

Boba-111.jpg

Boba-110.jpg

Boba-109.jpg

And a small deviation from my project... just a short one, really :D

As I was jogging (during my lunch break) along a river close to where I work, I saw something which reminded me of a certain part of the Fett cap:

Boba-112.jpg

In close-up:

Boba-113.jpg

Just thought it was sort of freaky. Even the colour surrounding the lid was POG-ish.:lol:

Anyways, to top off this session, I masked the back part of the helmet with the good old Winsor & Newton fluid.

Boba-114.jpg

Back soon!8)

Great craftmanship Antman, really impressive.
Fantastic craftsmanship on that bucket! Kudos Antman! (y);)
Thanks guys!! (y)

Latest update:

After masking the back I put on the greenish blue paint which resulted in this:

Boba-116.jpg

Then all I had to do was wait for a couple of minutes and peel off the mask:

Boba-117.jpg

Boba-118.jpg

So now the bucket looks like this in 360 view:

BobaAnimated-115a.gif

Up next: details on the back section!

Greetz,
Peter 8)

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back