Suggestion for a new "Forum Option" - Mods?

fettpride

Well-Known Hunter
I've been thinking about this for quite a while. I thought that I came up with it on my own, but perhaps it's already been suggested and I absorbed it :lol:

It would be kind of cool to have a "Paging System" in place. I'm not sure how difficult this would be to implement, or if it's even possible. But there are times when I know I need to get someone's attention in a quick pinch for one reason or another (to get an ok to ship an item, ect), and someone may be involved browsing the forums, or reading a long thread (like one of my own novels :lol: ) It would be nice to have something "audible" to alert a member when their attention is needed.

Just a thought (suggestion). And I'm certainly shooting myself in the foot in a manner of speaking by suggesting it ... but it would be cool nonetheless ;)

Thoughts?

FP

I know it sounds cool to be able to do, but your pager in particular would never stop...you sure you want that ? :)

Intriguing. I'm guessing you're wanting to keep it all in the browser? Seems like if you add an IM account to your profile, you'd get all sorts of audiovisual pings from TDH members in your chat client.

That's just it, I have no idea really. If it could be contained in the browser, it would still be up to the member to "refresh" before the alert could be possible. So the "AIM" style chat client would be the way to go I suppose. I find that interesting. I know there would be some downsides to it, but perhaps things like that could be customized per individual?

FP

Im not sure how AIM works, but if its like the Adultmatchmaker webchain (Adult,Aussie,Gay,Lesbian... etc....) with the notification bar at the top of the screen that refreshes every minute, then that would be a sweet idea :D

Ive found my PM confirmation emails arent actually all coming through atm, due to the season.... :S

That's a cool idea, just an "auto refresh" every so often. Like a little "pop-up", or even just a little "java toolbar applet". Hm?

Fp

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back