PLEASE READ IT....

"That's just not a reasonable request. "

WHY NOT? we should be open to new ideas, that could do this transactions more pleaseant, and safer.

Just rate it after a transaction.....(or whatever we decided)

And ...why not to evaluate what kind of person you are dealing with?

Whats wrong with it?

And....i will always offer any Star Wars (of course Bobas stuff) here, with the price that i want, before going to Ebay (wich i love it).

Being a member of the TDH for me, ....... is sharing info, making new friends, offer my knoleadge and items, and of course....trust each other and have a good time.

Wow, Count Dookie now that is a clear statement, so you're literally saying "it is not reasonable to make this a safer environment for buyers and seller"!!

I've got nothing to hide, and would have no problem to give others my info!

Wow, Count Dookie now that is a clear statement, so you're literally saying "it is not reasonable to make this a safer environment for buyers and seller"!!

Okay, that's not what I meant to convey, and I apologize for not articulating my point clearly enough. Also, I'm just giving my opinion, and not speaking on behalf of a message board that I don't run.

Of course it's perfectly reasonable to suggest improvements, and it's perfectly reasonable to request some changes to policy that make things better for everyone. And, it's perfectly reasonable to have your opinion about any topic, regardless of whether other people agree or not.

I am saying that I don't think it's feasible or necessary for the mods or the board owner to assume any more responsibility in the matter than they have previously outlined in The Cargo Hold terms and conditions.

I've had two bad transactions here, and 20+ good ones. Let the buyer beware. There are a million other boards that with for sale forums that work exactly the same way as The Cargo Hold. therpf.com doesn't seem to have any bigger problem than here, and they probably move about 50x more merchandise through that forum.

I've got nothing to hide, and would have no problem to give others my info!

its not reasonable this is a comment thread forum (not ebay 0
if you want guarentee's go to ebay ( and there is still no guarentee)

and this has happened to me ,I thought i was the new proud owner of fettprides msh2 molds but he hasn't gotten back to me since tuesday ,even though he has been on the board off an on all week ,and i understand and don't need an explanation , he either didn;t want to sell or got a better offer ,THAT'S LIFE

Alfredo,

I can't believe that you made this into a public spectacle... this was between you and me and not anyone else's business. I'm sorry if my message seemed harsh to you or anyone else in this board. It was not personal in anyway shape or form. I did make it clear that I will not ship overseas but after three or four pm's from you really wanting to buy my armor, I tried to be more considerate during the holidays and thought I'd give you a chance. But for the terms that you asked for I cannot risk losing something worth over $1200 dollars. By declaring that the items are worth less than what they really are, if I do get insurance I will not get it's actual value if it gets lost or damaged and I will lose out, just put yourself in my shoes. I should've stayed firm with my item description and not bend it in anyway.

For the record, I did not sell the costume to someone else but it has been deleted from the Cargo Hold.

Last edited by a moderator:
What difference does the currency make? If it costs 'X' USD, then that is translated into other currencies to be the equal amount.

This has happened to me many times. you tell the seller you are interested, send PM, tell them you are sending PP and they come back and say either they have changed thier mind and don't want to sell or they have sold it to someone else?? I had a deal gone bad just the other week when I told a member I wanted the item and that I was first in line. he then responded a day later saying "I sold it to someone else". now here's the point where I lost it.. when I told him that it was wrong what he did, he told me to "get over it"???? now, you talk about going "postal" it was hard for me to keep my mouth shut. I understand where your coming from Alfredo and it sucks when you find something you want espeacially when your first in line only to have the deal go to someone else.

Ben,

I did not sell the armor to someone else. Alfredo blatantly wrote that in his message. What I said was that someone else local is interested in it, not I sold it to someone else.

-Gene

In all fairness to Alfredo, he had 'committed to buy' and you had accepted.... Regardless of original set terms by yourself, by stringing him along is classed as intent....

Were he stateside, knowing that over there your law system is very flexible and open for a lot of different cases, you might have been in for a long and nasty court case...

Ill admit though, even though having hopes quashed in the past on items i may have been able to get, if not for the fact of 'No international bidders', i could seem bias... But ive learned a little heartbreak and perseverence pays off in the long run.... So i agree that it was wrong, but unfortunately it happens, even with the best of us...

Hey I was even tempted to get this armour, or at least try, but being 165cms id be copping a lot of 'Arent you a little to short for a Storm/Sandtrooper...'

I think one little French saying sums it up though... "c'est la vie"/Such is life...

Please continue to keep this civil. The for sale thread is now in the admin section.

On the idea of keeping some sort or rating, we have not found software that will work with this forum. It has been asked about before.

In general, there is always going to be little groups that like to sell to their friends first or runs that it looks like you can never get in on. In the last 5 years, there where many items I wanted and just never got no matter what number I was on the interest thread I was. That is life. Even as an Admin that has not always helped. So, I just got over it. You can let it eat at you and make you sick or just let it go! Remember, this is a hobby and meant to be FUN!!

You can let it eat at you and make you sick or just let it go! Remember, this is a hobby and meant to be FUN!!

(y) and thats why you are the Admin.A suggestion that sometimes gets lost in the passion and pursuit of a dream.:eek:

What Alfredo neglected to mention was after the PM in which I agreed to sell to him, he sent me two other PMs with his conditions. Now, was that fair from my perspective? If he had presented those conditions in his first attempts to PM me, and I said yes, then I would be guilty of being unfair. To me it seems he had an ulterior motive with his intentions. Since Alfredo's offer was not accepted by another member here yesterday, I understand his frustration, but I wonder if he presented the same conditions to that seller as he did with me. In return, since I was the last seller that did not accept his conditions after I agreed to sell to him under my conditions, he is making it look as if I am to blame. Which I agree to some degree because I should've refused international offers but c'mon folks...two sellers did not accept his offers here! This is what I get for being considerate during the holidays? Tough crowd!

You have to remember that this is not ebay. This is a forum meant for discussing costuming, selling off parts is just an extra thing that we do. They are private transactions, NOT done through TDH. TDH mods have no responsibility in transactions, nor should they. It is a buyer beware market, mods don't need more stuff to worry about. I agree that it may have been a tad rash for the seller to change his mind, I've had that happen to me before. Just a couple of days ago I said I'd buy a motorcycle from someone, but ended up selling to someone else. Why? Because they got the money to them first. I know that isn't exactly what happened here, but it is an example. The item isn't yours until it is paid for.

TD2253
My apologizes to you if my observations of this thread seemed harshed toward your character.Which was not my intentions.
I agree with you that this matter should have stayed private between you and Madrid.

My simple 2 cents.

I understand both sides. However, one thing that sticks out to me from personal experience is the whole "Gifting" for lesser value to pay lower customs fees.

Where there is absolutely nothing wrong with this, as I do it all the time for my International Customers (and am happy to do so), there are pitfalls for the seller. I learned the hard way.

Just this year, I had two deals go very bad because the buyer requested that the shipment be gifted for a value of less than $100 ($20 to be specific). However, the buyer also requested that the shipment be insured for it's full value (what the buyer paid) which was $250. Canadian customs in this particular case, red flagged the shipment, and held onto it for 4 MONTHS ! the buyer, was upset with "ME", when all I did was follow instructions to the letter that the buyer laid out for me. Ultimately, I had to refund the buyer's money in the better interest of my reputation, and walk away with my tail tucked between my legs (like I did something wrong). In the end, the buyer ended up receiving the package, and I received no payment. This, is NOT fair.

So this is what your seller is trying to avoid. And for $1200, it's not out of line to want to protect yourself as a seller. Since this has happened to me, I no longer "gift" for a lessor value, if the item is to be insured. It is a conflict in terms to ANY customs official.

I totally agree, that your money is as good as anyone else's. And you're probably a very nice person. But the harsh truth is, in the world we live in today, the prop community is a breeding ground for trouble, and people wanting to take advantage. If you don't know someone, or have never had a dealing with them, it's hard to know for sure. So you have to take precautions as a seller, as there is absolutely NO protection for a seller in the U.S. that sells anything abroad. If someone wants to argue that, I can present a dozen cases in the last 7 years that will most certainly validate the point I'm emphasizing. Pay-Pal, is a joke. Pure and simple. They protect the buyer, above all else, at all cost. The seller gets the wrong end of the stick just about every time.

So where you would like some sort of "Feedback System" for "Sellers" in the interest of your protection as a buyer, we as sellers would want the very same thing for "Buyers". And when you get right down to it, it's not foolproof. People change their board names, log-in with a different IP address, pose as someone else, whatever. If someone wants to take advantage of you, ultimately, they will find a way, and there is nothing we can do to change that. TDH would have to start charging for auctions and sales, before anyone could justify their own personal time in mediating so many transactions here per day. they would need to pay for a full time employee. And that is not the focus of TDH. It is a "Discussion Forum", not an auction house. They allow people to "Buy, Sell, Trade" here. It is a privilege. They don't have to. And if problems like this continue, I wouldn't be at all surprised if eventually they revoke those privileges as a general rule. And frankly, I wouldn't blame them :lol: Again, it is a privilege. We should treat it that way.

At TheDentedHelmet.com, we try to protect each other, and keep a vigilant "eye" on those that may not be out for our better interest. And the Forum's Administration does enforce "Fair Trade". They have asked a number of individuals in the past, to "cease and desist" from selling their wares here after receiving a number of complaints and investigating matters. They are there for "you".

So that would be my best suggestion to you. If you find that you are having an issue with another member, and their business practices, you need to report it to the administration, and allow them to take look into it for you. In the end, they cannot get your money back as a buyer, or force someone to sell something to you, but they can certainly help mediate a transaction before it turns sour. And if fault is found with someone you're buying from, they will not hesitate in taking the appropriate actions when necessary. Otherwise, this matter should have remained "Private" between you and the seller. I too have had an instance just recently, where a member thought that exposing a "private transaction" might force me to play nice, and sell to someone I did not wan to sell to. Now, please don't misunderstand, I'm not saying that was your intent. But it could be misinterpreted that way. Better luck to you both (Buyer, and Seller)

Merry Christmas :cheers

FP

Well said Chris! Thanks for the wise words regarding lessons learned at your expense unfortunately. Merry Christmas to you as well!:D

TD2253
My apologizes to you if my observations of this thread seemed harshed toward your character.Which was not my intentions.
I agree with you that this matter should have stayed private between you and Madrid.

No worries Mike and thanks for the message! Merry Christmas and take care!:)

TD2253...do you call this conditions....or a favor/request?

I DID SAY NOT ONLY ONCE, BUT TWICE "DO YOU MIND...AND IF YOU DONT MIND"

ENGLISH IS NOT MY MOTHER LANGUAGE, BUT I DO UNDERSTAND IT AS A FAVOUR, WITH NO OBLIGATION OR CONDITIONING TO IT:

HERE IS MY PM:

"Sure i want it....

My shoe size is a 9, so they will fit me, and i am 1,80 meters and i weight 85 kilos...

One thing is, if you dont mind, to declare less value for the costume on each box , so i will pay less at customs... do you mind doing that?

Then i can pay you with paypal in 2 or three times so i can show the bill to the custums dept in case they stop them.

How many boxes will it take?

My address is:

Alfredo Calles
C/Real 50, local (street)
Las Rozas (village)
CP 28230 (Zip code)
Madrid (city)
Spain
Europe.
Thanks and best regards

Alfredo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD2253
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madrid Boba
Any news?

It is just to remind you that i will buy it from you right away....

Thanks

Alfredo

Hi Alfredo,

Sorry it took me a while to respond. If you really, really want the set I will sell it to you for $1200 plus the cost of shipping to Spain. Could you please send me your shipping address and also let me know if you can fit in the medium gloves and size 9.5 Caboots stormtrooper boots so I can include them in the set. I will check how much it will cost to ship out to you.

Thanks!
-Gene

I DID SAY IT PRETTY MUCH CLEAR "IF YOU DONT MIND"

It could have been enough if you reply with a "I can not do it for you Alfredo, please try to understand, i have to send it in one box, and with a 1200 invoice"

Then, probably i could have said" Ok, i understand, i want it anyway, please send it"

I HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE. AND I BELIEVE THAT I HAVE DONE RIGHT IN POSTING THAT HERE.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back