Boot Spats???

whistle8mp

Active Hunter
I was wondering what color is correct for each boot spats. The ROTJ, is it white or grey? The ESB is grey and is'nt it a different shape and style? Sorry to bother all with a simple question, any help would be great.

ESB has no spats... altho they do have a 1" strip of material that Velcro's around the ankle? as for colours I'll have a look for a pic or two? ;)

Hope these help... ;)
The ESB I found on the TDH (don't know who posted) it's the same colour as the jumpsuit and ROTJ spat is taken from the MOM exhibit..

MoM_2002-06-16_258.jpg

Erm... you got me second guessing now Chris?? :lol:

I thought and had been led to believe that the ESB 'spats' were just 3/4" - 1" material (same as jumpsuit) going around the ankle with a Velcro fastening at the side...
This gives the illusion that (due to the crumpling of the jumpsuit) that it had spats.

If I am wrong please correct me before I get too far with my suit? :p

No, no, that's just it ... you got ME second guessing :lol: I'm no ESB expert so, you're probably right. I remember having an argument with a buddy about this a number of years ago, but I never knew for sure either way. So I'm not going to correct you ... someone else that knows for sure needs to come in with their 2 cents :lol:

:cheers

FP

:lol:lol:

Well hopefully this pic will clear it? :p
You can just make out a 3/4" - 1" strap around the ankle that when tied gives the illusion of a 'spat'

Again... if I'm wrong maybe other ESB's can chine in? ;)

1.jpg

Compelling to say the least :lol:

However ...

Not trying to "pick", but it does appear a wee wider toward the back. is it possible that it is a spat that has just been folded or rolled before wrapping it around the ankle? Just a thought :lol:

FP

:lol:

Ok... I thought that last one was the nail in the coffin? :eek:

I *think* that the appearance of the 'wider' section as you call it ;)
is due to the fact that the ESB ankle tie starts from 2" up on the outer seam of the jumpsuit around to the inner seam of said jumpsuit... the crumpled material you see at the front is only the lower hem... (Bad seamstress that cannot sew straight) :wacko

I'm really gonna have to dig through my ref now Chris... :p :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Nah, don't waste your time on hunting for more ref, I think your right. The more I think about it, if it was a spat that was rolled or folded before wrapping it around the ankle, the hook and loop wouldn't match up for fastening. So there ya go, I just laid it to rest for ya as far as I'm concerned :lol:

FP

Well that concludes another high brow discussion between MJ & FP... tune in next week where MJ asks... Where did the Tutti-fruity colour scheme for the ROTJ jet pack come from? :lol:

I hope that is of any help whistle8mp?

Hey now, don't go getting all ESB vs. ROTJ ... and dissin what I labelled as the "Technicolor Terror" a number of years ago :lol:

FP

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back