small helmet, for an 8year old Jango

Nomercy

New Hunter
I want to build my son a Jango Fett for H-ween. One of the things I am concerned with is a properly sized helmet. I dont want him to look like a Bobble head! So....If I was want small what would be the best donor helmet?
The armor and soft parts are no big deal to make in the corect size.

80% will be too small. The one that I made for Jedimite was scaled at 85%.
IMG00145.jpg

It was a good guess Mojo, so don't get me wrong there. ;)

I had to find out by printing off several scaled sets of templates before I found the size that would work best.

I also forgot to mention, my son that's wearing the helmet in the picture above, is 5 years old but the same height/size as a typical 6 year old. ( he's almost 4 feet tall )

My boy will be 8 in January, He is currently 4'5" tall. I could attempt to scratch build one, but was hoping that the smallest of the Off the shelf lids would look a Scaled Movie helmet on him. Perhaps a Basic rubies helmet?

I don't know what the prices are like where you are, but here in Canada the one Rubies jango helmet that I found was priced at $140 Cdn!!
Needless to say, I scratch built all three of mine for a fraction of the cost of the Rubies. I might be up for making a few more of the kids sized ones in the new year, after I've got my Jango costume completed. I'm thinking of trying to make a mold of the dome to speed up the build process. ;)

I would be interested in a Kid sized helmet. 2 actualy, A boba and a jango. As H-ween is 10 monts from now There is no hurry. keep me posted.

I'll see if I can't set you up in a couple of months then. ;)

Now then, I have to ask... would you prefer paper ( cardboard ) or plastic?

There's some great pics of the mini Jango build in my thread, starting at post #78, towards the bottom of page one.

Don't get me wrong, but I think the Jedimite helmet could have been a bit smaller. It looks great, but I think there's extra room there. 80% or even smaller might work for someone that size.

No worries guys, no hard feeling were interpreted as I know that none were meant. ;)

The reason why I used the slightly largish scale is this... kids grow at an alarming rate and I wanted Jedimite to be able to enjoy her helmet for more than one year. Basically, I factored in some "growing room".

I've got two kids of my own, and it always catches me off guard at how fast they're growing up.

We were pleased with the size. With her costume on, the size looks better too.

She actually refused to let me put in the padding. It moves around some, but works. I put padding in it and made her try it, but she took it right back out! Sorry I cant get my pics to resize right now so I cant post one here, but there are some posted in other threads.

Well, you've got that right. Kids do grow at "an alarming rate" LOL. We have a 3 year old and we're often startled at how much she is growing. Things that fit her fine a few months ago are now too small. When we first moved into our house she could stand up under the kitchen table. She is now head and shoulders above the table. Makes sense to have a lid for Jedimite that she can enjoy for a while before having to retire it.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back