Darksword2020's Assassin Creeds Progress

Murphoid you can get leather in different thickness's. I'm using about an 8 oz. If your tring to stiffen up your leather, heat up some water up to 180 degress I believe it is, (just the point where water starts to boil. Soak your leather in it for 10 secs. Form your leather and let it dry. It should harden.

Ah killer man. This is a costume i actually was plannin on doin. I told my friends i need four volunteers to dress in white robes for holloween :lol: Sweet job though man. Any thoughts about the hidden blade?

Ok getting ready to do the knife sheves for the throwing blades, I will do 2 methods, on is applying a thin coat of sliver over the handles while just using something like rub n buff on the blades, or just rub n buff the whole things. These are the blades I will be using

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey taco, I'll get you those measurements asap. I need to buy a tape measure and such. I'm busy because our midterms are coming around...grr

At any rate, I'll pm you and email you the measurements that way you have them as fast as possible. Thanks!

Can't wait to see how this turns out!

- Darke

I'll get you my measurements tommorow....I'm gonna head to a crafts store and pick up a cloth tape measure. (Sorry I haven't been able to do it sooner)

- Darke

how do you get a finished edge on the leather? i always thought of doing similar projects like this but never figured out how. please share

Solochaser you really wanna know???? You'll have to sell your soul....Muhahahaha...no not really....ok heres the secert.

When you cut leather or buy it (espically precut) you have a sharp 90 degree angle. You need a edge beveler. I prefer to use a keen edge beveler. You will run it down the corners of the edge and trim it off, front and back, making it round off.
Then take some gum trach and apply it to the edge. Then take a edge slicker and rub it back and forth along the end fast. The smooth plastic creates friction and the heat will bond the leather fibers together making it very smooth and slick and shiny.

Solochaser you really wanna know???? You'll have to sell your soul....Muhahahaha...no not really....ok heres the secert.

When you cut leather or buy it (espically precut) you have a sharp 90 degree angle. You need a edge beveler. I prefer to use a keen edge beveler. You will run it down the corners of the edge and trim it off, front and back, making it round off.
Then take some gum trach and apply it to the edge. Then take a edge slicker and rub it back and forth along the end fast. The smooth plastic creates friction and the heat will bond the leather fibers together making it very smooth and slick and shiny.
ooh, very cool thanks for the info.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back