Young Boba Fett

tc2917

Active Hunter
As I am nearing completion of My Jango, I am starting the pre-planning of my next build. I want to do a young Boba...

Here is what I am thinking:
if there is a 3yrs between EP2 and EP3 and 20yrs between EP3 and EP4, that would put Boba at about 13-15 for EP3, close to 33 for EP4 correct???? I would like to do a boba between 3-4 but closer 3. Pre-dent maybe????
I would like to incorporate some Jango lineage in to the build, (maybe all the leg armor/ w/ thigh pistols, similiar to the jango concept pics) while trying to capture the link to boba we all know and love as seen in ESB. I guess by doing this we would need some sort of Boba history for that time frame.

Some questions are
1. Did in fact boba inherit Jangos armor and helmet?
2. If so how to build the costume to tell the story itself?
3. If not, where would one begin??

Last edited by a moderator:
I might be wrong but based on my 'netsearch of the character,Boba did not inherit his father suit.
I have not been able to read any of the EU books but from what I have been able to piece together(feel free to correct me) Boba return to his father home world to pursure his father career/heritage.He recieved his own Mandalorian armor there.I have not found much on his early days but I am sure there is a few here that can expand on it,if there is anything out there.
Try doing a Wookiepedia on Boba also goto the Boba Fett Fan Club site and read up on the eviews of the Expanded Universe books there.
I hope this has helped and not to far off base.

As I am nearing completion of My Jango, I am starting the pre-planning of my next build. I want to do a young Boba...

Here is what I am thinking:
if there is a 10yrs between EP2 and EP3 and 20yrs between EP3 and EP4, that would put Boba at about 18-20 for EP3, close to 40 for EP4 correct????

There is only a 3 year gap between episodes 2 & 3, and something like 19 between 3 & 4.

As for inheriting his fathers armor, according to wookiepedia he does:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Boba_fett#Post-Battle_of_Geonosis

Phil

He doesn't. As of LOTF, he's starting to regret it, and it's mentioned that when his father was re-interred on Mandalore, he was buried in his armor.

Check out one of Jango's outfits from Open Seasons for an idea of what Boba might have worn. It's in his OT colors, but on Jango-style armor.

i am not 100% sure on this, but i thought in one of the recent EU books i was reading where Boba Fett goes in search of his daughter he talked about inheriting his fathers helmet. I think. either way i think the idea is really cool. Are there any shots of him in the new tv series coming up?

After reading the link Hellopike shared I stand corrected and can onlly say I must have misunderstood a posted on this site which I can not remeber where I read it.
From the information in the link it seems intresting how that story line was left out of the last movie.Or maybe Lucas did not approve of that character direction plot.
So it would seem that Bobas' armor is infact that of Jangos with some pieces gone for what ever reason and painted the colors we all are familar with.
If I understand what you are wanting to build I would say the paint scheme would be that of a "clean" less weathered look.
Sorry for being incoorect in my orginal posting

He doesn't. As of LOTF, he's starting to regret it, and it's mentioned that when his father was re-interred on Mandalore, he was buried in his armor.

Check out one of Jango's outfits from Open Seasons for an idea of what Boba might have worn. It's in his OT colors, but on Jango-style armor.

I don't know what "LOTF" please elaborate. As for what I said, I'm just reading what it says on wookipedia. Says two people employed by Jabba the Hutt had Jango's armor re-sized for young Boba. I'd imagine that this is from one of the young adult Boba Fett novels released during episodes 3 and 4. Its goes further to say that his more recognizable armor belonged originally to Jaster Mareel.

Phil

Interesting kind of custom/concept Boba idea. Good luck creating the suit. Do you think, just to tie things together, you might incorporate some of the pre pro suit into the finished job as well? Not as a direct story lineage thing but more as a nod to the costume's evolution? Just an idea.

Oh almost forgot. Hellopike, LOTF is "Legacy of the Force". The new series of novels.

There is only a 3 year gap between episodes 2 & 3, and something like 19 between 3 & 4.

Phil

Yes, ur right!!! i was looking at the wrong place on the time line it was 10yrs between 1&2.

I did some concept drawings last night if I find a scanner I post them up. There is some interesting questions and definatly alot of research to figure the armor out!

If you read the young Boba books, Boba only keeps the helmet and the Slave 1. I will need to reread the first book to double check.

I ran across this image and another concept drawing that I forgot to save of boba fighting mace... the narrative stated that before GL decided to make Boba younger that after Mace killed Jango Boba kills Mace. Which would exlpain the signature at the bottom of this pic stating BOBA's ARMOR!!!

Untitled-1copy.jpg

I read somewhere that boba received Jaster's armor and that some people actually thought Jaster faked his death and changed his name to boba but actually what happened is that Boba Fett receive his masters armor Jaster because Jaster trained boba to become of the greatest mandalorians ever but i read that on the internet so who knows if its true or not

I remember reading one of the books and I remember something like this in part of the book.

Jango Fett to Boba

The problem is Boba has a greenish armor and Jango has blue.

he painted it...

Says two people employed by Jabba the Hutt had Jango's armor re-sized for young Boba. I'd imagine that this is from one of the young adult Boba Fett novels released during episodes 3 and 4. Its goes further to say that his more recognizable armor belonged originally to Jaster Mareel.

Phil

bingo, I read those books, they take place during the clone wars. That's how they said it happened.

I ran across this image and another concept drawing that I forgot to save of boba fighting mace... the narrative stated that before GL decided to make Boba younger that after Mace killed Jango Boba kills Mace. Which would exlpain the signature at the bottom of this pic stating BOBA's ARMOR!!!

Untitled-1copy.jpg
In the Art of Star Wars book it says:
"We all assumed it was Boba Fett, but something was wierd, he'd have been too old. But as a placeholder we always called Jango 'Boba Fett'." --Edwin Natividad.

So it wasn't supposed to be Boba, the artists assumed that's who it was all along.

BTW - in the Art of Star Wars book, they have that image along with three others like it, but with different color schemes.

from what i have heard/read boba only takes the helmet and slave1 and some other parts he thought hed use but im not 100% and i dont think we will know till its written in stone after all theres so many comics/books ect about him so who really knows... things to me that would make sence since jango has blue/siver sceme the esb is more blue then grey right soo the flight suit could have be faded and warn out by esb armour painted weathern and broken in , the rotj jet pack if im not mistaken is just like one of jangos...lol
ammobelt gauntlets he could have modified ect just put esb next to jango and compaire them and see whats the same. even though all the mando gear is alot alike who would you rather wear your papa dome he you watched die by a jedi or some other stinky mandos gear.. makes you wonder why boba wanted to get luke so badly in rotj, in esb he just set him up for vader ;) back to rotj and hrm i know chewie got hit in all the madness but i think chewie was intimidated by the wookie scalps :p and was like screw it han can deal with boba and then... hes lunch lol

sorry for ranting on ...

Using the concept pic above I started playing around. This is what I am thinking. Feel free to toss alternatives at me!

100_0474.jpg

use the Pre-Pro hemet w/ eyes
use current boba armor w/ a few less dents and scratches and the Pre-pro decals
Boba Knees
use jango style guantlets color is still pending
use jango leg armor and blasters
use boba shoes and spats
a hybrid jango/boba vest (use a Boba main w/ jango shoulders and same jango leather)
Boba style belt boxes and girth belt
Jango Cod
Jango Flight suit
Boba classic action Jet pack just not as beat up as in ROTJ.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back