Starting my Jango. need armor!

runJEDIrun

Active Hunter
So I've decided to get off my butt and start piecing this bad boy together. So far all i have is my helmet. I NEED ARMOR! Help me out guys!

this is all i got so far. i figured next is the armor.

IMG_1497.jpg

i also have been looking for a screen accurate flight suit. something not so bright blue >.<

Last edited by a moderator:
so what is the process for painting jango armor? you prime it then paint it aluminum then rub n buff? or am i thinking of this wrong?

:confused

Primer is just primer. It should be sandable, you can get it at home depot. The most common color is grey. Rub n Buff can be picked up at Michaels or Aaron Bros. It comes in several colors but you want Silver Leaf.

The Rub N Buff job will take a lot of elbow grease and friction if you want to get the most out of it. My hands were sore for days after RnBing my armor.:angry

well if i understand your method Cinco, its apply a small amount with your finger to the area, then take a undershirt and buff it out forever right?
:D

best method. using a chest piece for examlple.

use about a bb size amount and lightly rub it evenly arcross the whole piece. then with your bare hand, and a light touch rub the piece back and forth to create friction and some heat. continue to do the rubbing till it is somewhat smooth. I do this process three times for each piece to get an even shine...and you don't need to bare down super hard when doing it. I find a lighter touch works better, as long as you get some heat from the friction. hands work best. I also like to use some ebony, pewter and some spanish copper for the weathering, layered on.

He used ebony, pewter and copper rub n buff for weathering. Many of us use liquitex raw umber, burnt sienna, and mars black acrylic paints for weathering, which is a formula used on some of the real Star Wars parts (R2-D2 for example).

ha...ya no kidding huh..we use so many its hard to tell when we dont!

i like the other r&b for the weathering cause it stll gives it a bit of matallic weathering look and the colors really work well..plus is real weather proof..not sure about water based acrylics...if that what fox was refering to?

hahaha. bb. i get it now. :lol:

i will try out each weathering method, im just worried about acrylics being too permanent in case i ever want to change it. I thought about trying the stuff i used on my sandtrooper (fullers earth dirt) to do jango as well, just different colors. its also washable. I am ordering some BKBT armor in the next week or so, so i will post my progress and get you guys to critique ;)

OK! now that i've finished my research on Jango, I've decided to redo my bucket to make it as screen accurate as possible. After talking to a few people i've come to the realization that i need to sand this puppy down and re prime it then follow up with Seekers blue paint choices. However i have NO IDEA how to remove the piece that covers the range finder. :confused I'm sure it is glued on or something, but does anyone know a way to remove it without cracking/breaking it? i just want to remove the range finder so i can repaint.

IMG_1724-1.jpg

maybe i should just pry it off with a flat head screw driver? my initial thought was to just tape off the silver on the range finder but i can't get my fingers in between the sandwiched pieces :facepalm

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back