legend?

gojirafan

Hunter
:confusedi have one question how is my dad a legend :confused. i know its got something to do with what he makes but, can you help me out.:confused????????

Sgt. Fang has produced very nice quality replica items at a very reasonable price. Many people are familiar with and own one of his products, and he's been around quite a while. (y) All of this and good customer service gained him "legendary" status with a lot of us.

I'm very pleased with the helmet I own that he made.
2100133762_4aa3765d9e.jpg

Wow. A legend? I don't know about that as I can't think of anyone in the Fett community I would consider a true "legend", but Sgt Fang is very well known for providing a low-cost copy of the mystery helmet to the masses. Anyone who sells product on a regular basis is going to have some amount of notoriety simply due to their name being attached to the item they sell. Sgt Fang is no exception as he has been selling for quite a while.

For me, someone like Mark Bradley, Tim Arp, or Dustin Crops Boy would be the closest thing I can think of to a Fett legend as they were doing this way back when reference was much more scarce, the internet was in its infancy, and boards like this were few and far between. Still, these guys were somehow able to produce amazing costumes that inspired the next generation.

I'd maybe throw Jonathan Skaines in there as having one of the better "early" costumes as well as starting tubfc listserve.

It's also my understanding (which admitedly is limited) that Sgt. Fang's was among the first if not the first Mystery helmet available. Which I don't know about "Legend" status either, maybe "notable names in fan fett costuming history"

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back