Dome template help

Hi, I've been working with the WOF helmet templates and they seem to be at the right scale. However when I started working with the 3 pages for the dome, I realized they printed out too small.

I have tried reprinting the dome files with the "fit to paper" option turned OFF, but they're going to print way too big. I'm using a Samsung laser printer with 8.5" x 11" sheets of paper.

The jet pack file is also printing out too small.:confused

Does anyone out there know what I'm doing wrong, or could someone please send me the total length of the dome template (when the 3 pages have been spliced and laid out flat)... and maybe the right measurements for the jet pack?

Thanks.

First off, what size/scale did you print out your helmet at? ( was it at 100% )

Second, the dome template should print off at the exact same scale/settings that you used for your helmet. ( the same goes for the jet pack templates )

I used the "fit to paper" and it turned out fine.

I thought that's all I needed to do too. But it didn't work.

Does anyone have a set of all the templates with a measurement scale on them (like on the range finder files)????

Last edited by a moderator:
I have gone back and rechecked the dome templates and they are a bit small. I have redone them and have posted new templates in the helmet template thread.

Thank you for keeping me on honest. Sorry for the trouble.

Alan

When I made my dome, it didn't match up to the template either. I made the three pieces separately, and then wrapped each piece around the inner dome template, and the ends came almost two inches short of eachother. I made it work tho, I think that's why even though I included the bottom part of the template, making my dome too tall, it doesn't seem to matter much. Maybe I just got lucky. :p

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back