I think my jedi is almost ready for application...

Zurath Kodul

Active Hunter
Well, here’s my personal jedi costume.
My mom helped me put the obi on, but she did it wrong, I think. It’s hard to get it right by myself, but I’m sure that it’ll be easier with the Costume Support at MSI this Saturday.
Everything is my own except the belt and robe, which I borrowed from local 501st members. Mine will be done by march..…eventually.

My plan is to jump aboard the Rebel Legion when I turn 18. The onyl thing holding me back is the belt, which a friend of mine offered to help me with.

I'm shooting for a lightside jedi that has a hint of darkness dwelling within.

Anywho, enjoy and comment:
TIMSJEDIGARB001.jpg

TIMSJEDIGARB004.jpg

TIMSJEDIGARB002.jpg

Tim/ZK

Cool start bud! I am doing a custom Jedi myself. The capsules on the left side are abit caddy wampus, though I am sure you aware of that. Are you at the TJA too?

nice job! jedi was my first foray into this costuming thing :)

custom colors but still looks jedi-like.

i think the boot could use... something... straps, or spats, or... i dunno... most of the jedi have some minor details on there. maybe some brown vinyl, if you could match the base boots?

I don't think that the rubber boots will really fly with the Rebel Legion. I would plan to replace those in the future with something a little more accurate.

The rest of the costume looks pretty good though.

I concur with 7602 and GCN on the boots. There is a spat on most Jedi boots. The input at MSI will get those on track for ya. Here is a pic of a custom pair I am waiting on as we speak. The white is by design choice, and you can get a good look of the various details on the whole in this image:

AnakinBlancas01.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
i don't have good pics of my boots on their own, but you can see them here:

quigonme.jpg

they are leather boots from walmart that i had ashton from nyghtcraft rework for me. he extended the height and added on the jedi-like spats and straps thing.

Looks like a great start. I concur with the others here. You're definitely going to need to upgrade those boots though and you may want an alternative to the tee shirt underneath.
If you haven't done so already you might check with members of your local base and get some advise from there as well. Good work.

It was actually a local memebr that loaned me the pattern and even sewed it.

The boots will be replaced as soon as I can afford it. These rubber wading boots are a pain to kneel in for pics.

TK7602, how did you find leather boots at Wal*mart?! All I've seen are the Fadded Glory biker boots.

I'm also talking to another member about getting a belt minus pouches.

Yeah, the boots are for sure not gonna fly, um...I have seen various boots different places. I know that I bought a set of boots on ebay that I use for Han and my jedi that ran me about $50 I think.

The obi has to be wider yes. And the Tshirt, RL recommends either a mock turtleneck or another mock tunic...

Ah, the second picture, the power of luxeon!!!

And this one is just for fun...
JediScouts.jpg

IMG3447.JPG

IMG3446.JPG

My brother and dear friend. "The Sniffer" himself has monitored your progress , and your progress is good. You have impressed us all here on the Great TDH. Keep us posted!!!!!!

Hmm....engineer boots.
Are those in the regualr shoe dept or what? I'm going to look into them if my bat-boots won't work.

yup, just regular boots. they only come up about 1/2 as high as they need to, so modifications are required to get them where they need to be.

this is sort of like how they started out.

FryBroEng.jpg

Not to be a buss kill...

You are also probably not going to be able to have black as a color. Most of the standards for costumes in the RL have been reworked in the last year to be more strict and formal, IE closer to the strictness of the 501st.

Jedi must have neutral earth tone colors, I think that may be more of an issue than your boots. I can check with the group in charge of Jedi (I myself am CO of Florida, and know more about Pilot and Commando costumes) But generally, black is usually denied as a formal costume. In the past, we allowed non-canon informal costumes as a first costume... but now you must have a canon formal costume for your first, then you may have as many informal customs under your name as you wish...

Its a great start though! :)

Actually, the vlack is allowed in a a NJO jedi.

This costume saw it's first troop today. Replaced the rubber boots with my bat-boots. Worked great :)
I ditched the tee, as it showed too much.
Got called "Anakin" alot, but that's to be expected.

A friend of mine has a Qui-Gonn-esque jedi, which is pretty cool.
Basically, I was his padawan for the evening.
Still waiting on the pics from everyone.

A local member has a belt for me, so I'm going to get that.
My own robe will be cut somtime later in the week........I hope.

Oh, I want to gice a shoutout to TheCloneEmperor and say that it was nice to meet you. Hope to do it again sometime.

This was actually my 3rd troop. One was at a small halloween festival and the other was at the same place as this recent, but about 2 weeks ago.
This, tho, mrks my first tim using my own saber/tunc/etc.....well, except the belt/robe.

anyway, it was a blast. Going tot ry to hit it up again on closign weekend.

I remember when I wore my jedi suit for the first time. It was with my brother and me. He had a jedi costume also. It was at the Star Wars Episode 3 premiere at a movie theater.

We waited 12 hours in line for the movie.:facepalm About 5 hours in line we went home to change into are costumes. Long story short it was REALLY FUN!!!(y)

Then when C4 came I modified the costume to look like Darth Maul. Take a look...:)

DARTH maul.jpg

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back