Cheaper Ears (Maybe Resin?)

Styles2304

New Hunter
Does anyone know where I would be able to acquire a good set of ears to fit the WOF plans that aren't aluminum and are possibly cheaper? If no one has any ideas I'll be forced to build them but that doesn't promise a good outcome.

Thanks.

Hiya Styles...
You could always try PMing a couple of vendors such as Bobamaker or FP... there are a coupe of others too but cannot recall board names at present? they obviously sell full lid packages but they may sell you a decent set of resin ears?

Hope you get what you need buddy...;)

Aren't BM's cast into the helmet? I think he only offers the cap parts separately. Not 100% on that though.

BUT

I can say from experience that BKBT makes some super clean resin ears. Might wanna shoot him a PM...

-Shawn

BM's are cast directly into the helmet.

Not that I have the molds on hand, but I can have some resin ones poured for you that fit the Mystery Helmet. PM me and I'll see what we can do.

No worries. I had e-mailed him anyways . . . I figured the caps were better than nothing but he never got back with me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just ordered a set of aluminum ears and may part with my resin ones - I just have to wait on a response on a new helmet. If I sell my current helmet I'll want to include the ears with that.

I'll keep you posted!

- D

How tall are the caps, I might be able to help you out. I don't have WOF templates, so PM me with what you need. I have 3 or 4 different sized ears from over the years.

FP

Lets help a brother out here guys. I don't have WOF plans, and styles doesn't have anything to measure what he needs a the moment. Can someone post the general measurement of the WOF ears so that I can see for sure if I have ears that are compatible/comparable size ?

Thanks

FP

The left ear is 6 1/4" long. The bottom right ear is 4", and the top right ear (cover, from top of the curve to bottom of the triangle) is 3.5". I held a measuring tape up to my WOF ears, which are made from templates printed at 100%.

Ah yeah! Man I'm good! That's what I guessed for the ear measurements, for the left (which I mistakenly called the right) anyway! Thanks guys!

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back