Guaging interest in Cruzer Jango gauntlets

You warmer climate guys have it rough. :lol: Great idea though Cruz. I can get my best castings done at this time of the year even if it's zero out thanks to my coal stove being fired up for the next 3 months. I've got something similar catching the heat off the side of my stove that I'm putting to use in heat curing my goods.

Yeah, we're waking up to mid-30s degree weather around here, but it's 50-60s during the day...so not exactly resin curing weather!:facepalm

Yeah, we're waking up to mid-30s degree weather around here, but it's 50-60s during the day...so not exactly resin curing weather!:facepalm

Yup it's pretty cold out here. I drove from Bakersfield to Madera and almost the entire way it was super foggy, couldn't see squat.:facepalm

Well poop,now i want to go back to building Jango again.
Nice work Cruzer(y)
I'm gonna say ....put me on the list for set of cold cast.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the interest guys. The estimated prices I'm looking at right now are $250 for gel-coat, and around $350 for cold-cast. The price jump for cold cast is due to the high expense of the aluminum powder and the additional time it's taking to work with cold cast. I'm also looking into a third possibility of resin cast gauntlet shells (no fiberglass) as a low end option for around $175-$200. In addition, I'm looking at the possibility of offering a variety of missiles in light weight Feather Lite resin, a slightly heavier/sturdier Smooth Cast resin, and hopefully flexible urethane similar to the well known "hyperfirm" material.

Here are a few pics of what I was able to do with the first gel-coat pulls after about 4-6 hours of work. I wanted to do a dry-fit of everything before applying the final coat of primer. I'll be putting them up for sale soon to build some funds to order more materials. I also have a second set of gel-coat pulls made if anyone might be interested.

thanks,
Cruzer

DSC07767.JPG

DSC07768.JPG

DSC07770.JPG

DSC07772.JPG

DSC07773.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are a few pics of what I was able to do with the first gel-coat pulls after about 4-6 hours of work. I wanted to do a dry-fit of everything before applying the final coat of primer. I'll be putting them up for sale soon to build some funds to order more materials. I also have a second set of gel-coat pulls made if anyone might be interested.

thanks,
Cruzer

By that do you mean instantly for sale? If that be the case paint me interested!

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back