My CA Boots progress.

Hiya all,

Been working on my CA boots for the ESB suit. Just wanted to share a few progress pics with everyone. Everything was done with Delta creamcoat acrylics as a wash in several passes and a drybrushing of Brown Iron Oxide. This is were it stands for the day. I'll be getting back to it tomorrow for some more detail. Hope you all like it. Advice welcome.

Phase 1. Left: Inked boot. Right: Unaltered CA boot.
normal_HPIM1228.jpg

Phase 2
normal_HPIM1232.jpg

normal_HPIM1231.jpg

If you don't mind me asking what colors did you use and where they applied

The colors are all Delta Ceramcoat Acrylics. I used Charcoal, Black, Brown Iron Oxide and Dolphin Grey. First I mixed the charcoal with water to make an ink and used a spray bottle to apply it to the whole boot. After I thought it was dark enough I did the same with Black ink then the Brown. I used a paper towel to blend the colors into the soles between each spraying and let the boots dry between coats. Then I wet brushed in a mix of Dolphin Grey and charcoal into the center black stripe to make it more grey. Lastly I dry brushed the Brown onto the spots that I thought would pick up the most grime. Then I sealed it with Fixatif (which subdued the color BTW) and touched it up with another dry brushing of Brown and some black.

Excellent tutorial and results! Those boots look superb. :)
I've used Delta paints on projects before. They're very inexpensive and they last forever!

Thanks again for the confidence boost everyone. I just added some additional weathering with more brown and black because Webchief will yell at me if I'm not dirty enough. :lol:

Final paint.

normal_HPIM1272.jpg

normal_HPIM1273.jpg

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back