GI Joe fans!

jenchuan

Active Hunter
For all you GI Joe fans. I just got some awesome news! Ray Park has been cast to play Snake Eyes!! I had seen a couple news bits about this on the net yesterday, but got confirmation from one of Ray's managers about this. And it's OFFICIAL! Ray Park is playing Snake Eyes!!! Filming is probably going to begin in February!!

I don't know about you guys, but I'm excited about this!!!

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=39976
http://www.slashfilm.com/2007/12/04/exclusive-ray-park-cast-as-snake-eyes-in-gi-joe-movie/

Yeah, but don't overlook the fact that it's being directed by Stephen Sommers...

:(:cry

I'll still be there opening day... sigh...

Ray Park as Snake-Eyes? PERFECT! Now.. don't mess it up by making him speak! (Snake-Eyes, not Mr. Park). I hated what they did with him in "Sigma 6". Snake-Eyes is supposed to be a mute ninja commando/assassin!, not some soldier with a really bad what sounds like and Aussie accent.

Aussie accent? Ray doesn't have an Aussie accent. LOL! So you won't have to worry about that. Although I do wish that Ray would have a speaking role.

October 30, 2007
Message to G.I Joe Fans

Hasbro’s G.I. Joe Team wanted to take this opportunity to clarify some of the facts regarding the G.I. Joe live-action movie that we are developing with Paramount Pictures.

First and foremost, we are not changing what the G.I. Joe brand is about. The name “G.I. Joe” will always be synonymous with bravery and heroism.

The G.I. Joe brand has enjoyed a successful 43-year history, spanning two key generations. The first was the line of 12-inch “realistic military” figures that were popular with kids in the 1960s and 1970s.

The second generation, was created in 1982, and is based on a cast of fictional heroes and villains that make up the “G.I. Joe vs. Cobra” fantasy. The premise of this fantasy is the story of the G.I. Joe team, led by Duke, and their “fight for freedom wherever there is trouble” against the evil Cobra Commander and his Cobra force. This storyline was an instant hit with kids in the early 1980s, spawning a highly popular 3-3/4-inch action figure line, comic book collection and animated series.

This movie will be a modern telling of the “G.I. Joe vs. Cobra” storyline and its compelling characters that Hasbro created 25 years ago. The G.I. Joe team will not be based in Brussels. Instead, they will be based out of the “Pit” as they were throughout the 1980s comic book series. And, in keeping with the G.I. Joe vs. Cobra fantasy, the movie will feature characters and locations from around the world. Duke, the lead character and head of the G.I. Joe team, will embody the values of bravery and heroism that the first generation of G.I. Joe figures established.

G.I. Joe is a very important property to Hasbro and we thank all of our fans for their enthusiasm. Without all of you, the brand would not be where it is today.

Thank you.

http://www.hasbro.com/gijoe/default.cfm?page=News/Item&newsid=F285F255-D56F-E112-46FAEBF95750D7E9

That makes sense since I've been reading online for years about how Ray Park has always said if they ever made a live action GI JOE movie, that he'd want to play Snake-Eyes.

Now we can add Scarlett

scarlett_giant1.jpg

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back